Yet another victim to the new DJI update.

Reaction score
The only real answer I am looking for is when DJI will come off their high horse and admit a bug in their software/firmware. I have had my P2V for around 6 months, purchased new. I flew a waypoint mission two days ago via line of sight and everything worked as it should with no glitches, drop outs or failures. I returned home, set my android on the table and put the phantom away. When I returned my DJI Vision app was updating. Since that time I have not been able to fly. 99% of the time I do not get a live feed as I did 48 hours ago during my last flight. One in every 20 tries I get video for a moment then it is gone. I am one of the thousands of P2V owners that find it IMPOSSIBLE to be a hardware issue like the camera or cameras wifi board overheating or complete failure. It is so uncanny that everything was perfect before the automatic update and now it's a $800 paper weight. I again state, EVERYTHING WAS FLAWLESS UNTIL THE AUTO UPDATE of the DJI VISION app.

One question...

Since this is an ongoing issue. Countless pilots have posted, emailed and contacted their vendors, DJI regarding this and most of what is said is that you either have to return, send it back for repairs or purchase a new camera or wifi module.
Why can't DJI or another source allow the end user to download factory firmware from the time of production and any revisions to date per a specific model. Allow us a way to revert to a previous version for all items. RC Tx, Phantom main and central boards, camera, ect......
I personally would like the previous firmware to the fc200 cam, which includes code for the repeater.

Last edited:
When was "that time?" Did you see the fairly recent thread on the faulty extender update?

WARNING Android app version 1.0.60
I hardly ever come on here to view the news or check for updates. Truth be told I have always been a believer that is its working great, don't mess with it. My DJI Vision app was 1.5.8 and was set to never update through the playstore. Since your reply, I have gone to that thread and read it completely. I downloaded the free version of Litchi for the P2 v2.7.2 and have all live feed back on my android device.
Ofcourse DJI will not promote it and one should not perhaps upgrade to the new version without risk.
As of now, it is working for me. I thank you.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl