Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Yellow line on map in DJI GO app

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Wally Bird, Apr 4, 2016.

1. Wally Bird

I was flying my phantom standard this evening using the DJI GO app, and I noticed that on the map where the home point is marked there is a straight yellow line between the home point marked on the map and the drone as it’s flying and the line keeps following the drone. Has that yellow line always been there and I never noticed it before, or is that something new in the DJI GO app.

2. Procharged97

Its always been like that for me

3. Wally Bird

Oh, I guess I just never noticed it before, or don't pay much attention to that map after the home point has been set.

4. flpholt

yes its your route your flying

5. Wally Bird

The route that I've already flown is white and then there is a straight yellow line between the drone and the home point. It's the map in the lower right corner of the DJI Go app while you are flying the drone. I guess that yellow line has always been there and I just didn't notice it. This evening is the first time I ever noticed it. If you want to bring the drone home, all you have to do is follow the yellow line.

6. flpholt

or just hit rth

7. garykeithmead1

Yellow line maybe rth flight path.

8. Wallyboy

I get a white line for route flown, and a green line which is the straightest route back home , very handy, very seldom use RTH now,

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

9. TWP723

Should be the route you've flown.

10. Wally Bird

This is a picture with 3 screenshots taken during my flight. The route that I have flown is the white line and the yellow or orange line is a straight line from the home point to the drone while it is in flight and the line keeps following the drone. When the RTH is activated the line turns to green. All I'm saying is I never noticed the yellow or green line from the home point to the drone. ScreenShot_4-6-16.jpg

11. Mocho

Thank you for pointing out the difference between the line being green or orange. You would think that would be in the manual, but no I just wasted 3 hrs of my life trying to find this simple basic piece of information.

I would have sworn the RTH line used to be green all the time and then I noticed it was orange and of course was wondering what changed :)

Too bad DJI doesn't see a need to have a manual that explains the features of the app.

12. Fifty7

I just noticed yesterday that my yellow line is gone. Show flight path is still set to on but he line no longer shows. Anyone else having this issue?