Yellow flashes, "no transmitter"

Reaction score
Hi,

Just bought the Phantom.
Did the firmware upgrade and as said, downloaded the Default Configuration parameters and installed those.
After a power cycle, when NOT connected to USB, the Phantom flashes yellow led fast.
This should indicate: "no transmitter"
checked the connection (with the new version, opening is no longer needed, the LED and button are reachable in the battery compartment) when the transmitter is off, the LED becomes RED, when the transmitter is on, the red LED switches OFF.
So I am sure the transmitter connects :)

Reconnected the Phantom to the 2.18 (latest) version of the software with USB.
In the software, under VIEW and Channel Monitor, all my controls are to the RIGHT and when moving the controls, nothing happens

Went to BASIC and RC
when Receiver Type in PPM mode, nothing works
when Reciever Type in D-Bus mode, the Throttle and Rudder lever are responding but of course the phantom can't fly in D-Bus mode :(

Receiving error 27
When set back to PPM and connect to USB, I receive error 27
In the software, I put receiver type to D-Bus and have control (no rotors) but when flipping the switch GPS / ATTI 10x I can calibrate the compass

After connecting to the PC again, setting Receiver type back to PPM, same error, (error 27) and no channel control under VIEW

please help
4me2

In relation to the yellow flashes when unplugged from usb, if the sequence is 4 fast yellow flashes that is your imu warming up and will go for about 2 and a half minutes before going through other flight sequences (finding satellites and home location).

What happens after you turn on your transmitter then the phantom? Does it make the ascending beeps on battery connection. It will then go into imu warmup mode (yellow flashes for 2-3 mins) after it has finished finding home and satellites it should be flashing green only. Then you should be ready for takeoff.

With the stock TX ppm is the only mode it will work in. D-bus is for aftermarket TX (futaba, spectrum)

boat chaser said:
In relation to the yellow flashes when unplugged from usb, if the sequence is 4 fast yellow flashes that is your imu warming up and will go for about 2 and a half minutes before going through other flight sequences (finding satellites and home location).

Actually it's constantly flashing and keeps doing that until I detach the battery

boat chaser said:
What happens after you turn on your transmitter then the phantom? Does it make the ascending beeps on battery connection. It will then go into imu warmup mode (yellow flashes for 2-3 mins) after it has finished finding home and satellites it should be flashing green only. Then you should be ready for takeoff.

There is no "warm up IMU" there is an init sequence and after that just Yellow Flashing

boat chaser said:
With the stock TX ppm is the only mode it will work in. D-bus is for aftermarket TX (futaba, spectrum)

Indeed That is exactly what I thought but..... mine flies only in D-bus mode so... there is something wrong
Apart from that, in D-Bus mode, GPS does not function :evil:

kind regards, 4me2

rbmcmillan said:
I am having exactly the same problem.

Hi.... I am a step further.
I have flown outside (in D-Bus mode)
I do have to calibrate the Compass before each flight :?

After that it flies just like an old type of helicopter without heading lock etc.
GPS does not work, when I put the Phantom in a drift, it keeps drifting (where it should stop) once I let go of the sticks
HL and / or CL does not seem to work either.

regards, 4me2

Re: Yellow flashes, "no transmitter"

Hi,

Just curious as to what brand controller you are using?

We have assumed your using the stock, but all these issues could be from an aftermarket transmitter not set up correctly.

I'm having exactly the same issue, also with the stock controller. My phantom is brand new and will not get past the constant flashing yellow light. I've tried all suggestions and have trawled the net for answers, but with no luck.
Like you, the tx is binded to the unit (I can test with the red light and rest button), everything is updated, re calibrated many times over and it just sits there flashing yellow until the battery runs out. I haven't got a motor spinning yet. Any help would be most appreciated. I've emailed my distributor is well so will pass on any info I get.

Thanks ...

I have had problem of the the yellow flashing light. I just try to start the motors by pulling the control sticks to the start position. The motors don't start but that seems to establish radio contact between my stock controller and Phantom. After that it goes through normal startup.

diverdave said:
I have had problem of the the yellow flashing light. I just try to start the motors by pulling the control sticks to the start position. The motors don't start but that seems to establish radio contact between my stock controller and Phantom. After that it goes through normal startup.

Thanks for the suggestion. I've just tried it a few times and no change though. I'd be interested if anybody else has had any luck. Thanks again for letting me know what worked for you.

I had the same problem with mine when I first got it last week.
upgraded to the 4.0 software before my first flight. did my advanced calibration.
was getting the continuous yellow flashing

finally corrected the problem by doing an advanced calibration from the naza assistant software for a second time.
not sure what the problem was but that seemed to fix it for me.

LD71 said:
I had the same problem with mine when I first got it last week.
upgraded to the 4.0 software before my first flight. did my advanced calibration.
was getting the continuous yellow flashing

finally corrected the problem by doing an advanced calibration from the naza assistant software for a second time.
not sure what the problem was but that seemed to fix it for me.

Hi. Thanks for that. I just tried a couple of times and again just yellow flashing. Have reset, re calibrated, updated ... so many times I've lost count.

Thanks for your suggestion. Everything's worth a try. My distributor is contacting Dji today so I'll let anyone else having the same problem know what he says.

Thanks.

I had the yellow flash problem last week but calibrating it solved it NOW I had a constant red flash and beeping on my
Phantom stock transmitter and I can't figure out why, I've searched the internet for the answer.

I just installed a tilt knob and a Beholder Lite Gimbal & when I put fresh batteries it continues to beep (even in the off position.) I let the Phantom cycle through its start up but still beeping. Anyone have a fix or solution?? Thanks

Just got my phantom yesterday and I got exactly the same problems as the original poster.
Recalibrating the IMU does not seem to do the trick for me. Might there be a bug in that latest firmware?

Cheers,
Ironfly

I think I figured it out. I managed to piece bits and pieces together from other posts here. I finally got to fly it.

Here are the steps I did.

1. Upgrade to latest firmware (my case it is 4.0)
2. Go to Basic/RC tab and select D-bus instead of PPM.
3. Calibrate the IMU (with advanced calibration).
4. Go outside and calibrate the compass.
5. Start the rotors by pressing both sticks to the bottom and towards each other. (same procedure to turn rotors off).

Cheers,
Ironfly

ironfly said:
I think I figured it out. I managed to piece bits and pieces together from other posts here. I finally got to fly it.

Here are the steps I did.

5. Start the rotors by pressing both sticks to the bottom and towards each other. (same procedure to turn rotors off).

Cheers,
Ironfly

I ended up doing exactly the same and it now works perfectly. Thanks for all the suggestions.

I have also noticed with this model that there are no wires connected to the aux power outputs on the circuit board. Not sure if it's just mine. I guess I'll just solder one on myself. At least I can use some thicker wires. I'd be interested to know if anybody else has had the lid off a new one and noticed this.

Thanks again,
Nazag

ironfly said:

Just got my Xmas Phantom, & spent 8 hours googling 'till I found this, beats the popular "read the manual." ;)
Thanks so much, it works for me too :)

I too got my Phantom for Christmas and did a firmware update out of the box. All went fine until I encountered this same problem. (no transmitter, flashing yellow lights) All the documentation listed the transmitter type as PPM. The default configuration you are instructed to load after firmware update will set it back to PPM. In addition the process to relink the transmitter and receiver said to open up the shell to press the relink button as well as view the LED, Note these components are NOW reachable from the battery door.
Want to thank you guys for this information, thought It was RMA for my all time best Christmas gift. First flight completed AWESOME! Thanks IronFly

Can someone explain the difference between the two transmitter modes. Will the fact that I am set to D-bus instead of PPM limit future add ons or functions of the out of the box equipment setup?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic