Yellow Exposure Circle

Reaction score
The title brought up a couple of possible answers, but reading them did not result in any answers.

I am a very low time beginner, with P3P bird. Went out to do a sunset picture attempt this evening.
Double checked everything and took it up to 30 feet. Noticed that the screen was not changing the picture. There was a yellow circle center screen that I think said exposure. And there was a white circle moving around the "picture taking" button. No matter what I did, I could not get it to show a live view.
I landed and powered off the bird and controller. Now back inside I can't recreate the same situation with the bird setting on the counter with the props removed.

I did a reset of the controller, and hopefully this will resolve the situation next time I try to fly the bird.

Any thoughts on what was wrong, or what I did to create the situation? What could I have done, during the flight, to resolve the situation?
Happy Holidays and thanks for any help,
GR

You do see that white moving circle around the shutter release button as a photo is writing to the SD card. Normally it is fast and goes away quickly so you don't notice a drop in the live view. Sometimes the live view does go away for long enough to notice. For example, if you use the bracketed exposure feature the live view will be lost for a longer amount of time as the multiple photos write to the SD card. This is one of the reasons that SD cards with a fast write speed are desirable. There are other examples.

I'm not saying that this was your issue, just that it is something that could happen in normal use. Did you happen to have it set for bracketed exposure or for a very long exposure to capture the sunset? If you didn't and the live view was lost for a long period of time, you could have something else going on.

I had not changed any photo parameters, that I am aware of. I took off watching the bird, when I got to altitude I looked down to setup the shot and noticed that there was a narrow yellow circle, and i think it said EXPOSURE in the center, on the screen. The screen view was not changing but the white circle was moving around the "shoot" button. I visually brought the bird in for a gentle visual landing a few feet away and shut down. Once landed and motors off, the yellow circle was not there and the screen was back to normal as I moved the camera, with the control on the control box, and watched the view change on the tablet.

May never know what was wrong! Only thing different from my last flight was that I did the 1.6 update to the bird and all my batteries last evening. Everything seems to work OK, at least on the kitchen counter with no props, after the update.
GR

The "exposure" icon just means that you touched the screen. Touch the "x" in the upper right corner to close it.

Are shooting pictures in RAW and JPG? If so, writing to the SD card will typically take a little while depending on the card.

Really, that is just too easy! I am not sure what the setting for pictures is, what ever is the default, as I have not changed the picture settings. Question, why doe touching the screen show the yellow circle? Just curious, is it telling me something, or does it expect some action to take place after the touch.
GR

When you're in live view mode, it allows you to touch the screen to set the exposure. That means you can tell it how bright or dark you want the picture or video to be. Tap on a dark spot and your picture will become brighter; tap on a bright spot, and your picture well become darker. If you turn on the histogram, the goal is to find an exposure setting that places the white "hills" in the histogram in the center. If they are all bunched up on the left, the picture will be underexposed (very dark). If they are all bunched up on the right, the picture will be over exposed (very bright). If it looks like a mountain across the entire histogram, but not touching either side, that's the sweet spot.

As for the reason your screen went dark, it could be the card became corrupt during a write process. If so, formatting the memory card should fix it. Of course, copy the files you want off of it first, then format it from the DJI app.

Excellent, a great explanation, really appreciate it.
Will give it a try later this morning. I want to understand how it all works so every little bit helps a lot.
Thanks again,
GR

Reactions: AAPhoto

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BoguSlav