Yaws when using gyro

Reaction score
Weird issue happened to me last night I was showing the PV2 to a friend that is buying it
I tried to show him the gyro on the app so I pushed the button and tilted the ipad down and the pv2 did yaw to the right and camera pointed down I did this a bunch of times to see if it was a fluke but sure enough as soon as you hold the gyro button and tilt the pv2 just yaws as the camera tilts
Kinda messed up who do we email about this

I've noticed mine does funny stuff and goes the wrong way. Every time it was the acc and gyro on my smart phone being silly. If the phone is calibrated correctly gyro button works well for me.

On android you can calibrate your phone with the "GPS Status" app.

Maybe you already know this, but....
The gyro or accelerometer button (which locks on and off with 3.0) tilts the camera in one axis of tilt and yaws the Phantom in another axis of tilt. I suspect your tilt motion happens to have motion in both axis. See pg41 of the latest manual.

Yep -- recal the sensor in your phone, and be careful not to tilt the phone sideways. When everything is calibrated, it's useful as you can pitch and yaw together.. or separately...

Was always able to. Check manual. It states what happens when you twist phone from side to side

Ok so I will try to recalibrate the ipad but I didn't know it would cause yaw so i may have been holding it sideways
Thanks guys

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj