Yaw setting for smooth footage and antenna question

Reaction score
Before I attemp to experiment myself, would anyone recommend a yaw setting for smooth left/right adjustment? I currently have the default setting and for nice footage it is a bit jerky. Although rarely do I get a landing foot in the picture.
Also, I purchased a pair of cloverleaf Fatshark v2 antennas and the way I mounted it on the copter, the bent down cloverleaf is about 1-2 inches from the compass. Is this far enough to not cause interference?
The antennas aren't marked Rx/Tx so it doesn't matter which one is on which end, right?

which transmitter do you have? my transmitter and receiver have different sex connectors... my transmitter has a male plug so requires an antenna with female, and my receiver is opposite.
but if both yours are the same and the connectors are identical I don't think it should matter.

as for yaw setting, the real key is being super gentle with the controls but in the Phantom Assistant software you can adjust the gain on that particular control axis. I'd suggest turning down that gain and doing some test flying and just find a level that's comfortable for you

Yep, iRC 600mW and Flysight, both SMA female, antennas male.
I was just confused because my old cloverleafs have Rx and Tx marked and different colored stripes on them.

The gain doesn't slow down the movement speed as a whole, rather just the first moments of the transition, correct?

i was thinking the same as far as the yaw setting. was wondering what would be the best settings for it.

Fyod said:
The gain doesn't slow down the movement speed as a whole, rather just the first moments of the transition, correct?

interesting, I thought it was like audio gain.. for example if you DEcrease the gain, now you need a bigger stick movement to yield the same result. I need to do more experimenting

The following is an excerpt from here: http://www.dji.com/info/spotlight/what- ... -gain-mean

1) Basic Gain
Pitch and Roll: To the gains of Pitch and Roll, if you release the Pitch or Roll stick after command stick, multi-rotor should be back to hovering state. If the reaction of multi-rotor in this procedure is too soft (large delay), please increase the basic gain slowly (10%-15% each time) until vibration emerges after you release the stick. Then decrease the gain a little until vibration just disappears. Now the gain is perfect, but the reaction of the attitude change is slow. You can follow the way introduced at the end of this section to tune the attitude gains.
Yaw:The way of tuning the Yaw gain is the same as the way of adjusting the Tail Gyro. If you want fast stick reaction speed, increase the gain, otherwise decrease the gain. However, the spin of multi-rotor is produced by the counter torque force, and the magnitude of which is limited. Therefore, large gain will not produce tail vibration like helicopter, but severe reaction at the start or stop of motors, which will affect the stabilization of the other directions.
Vertical: You use two methods to judge if the Vertical gain is good enough: 1) The multi-rotor can lock the altitude when the throttle stick is at center position; 2) The change of altitude is small during the flight along a route. You can increase the gain slowly (10% each time) until the vibration emerges along the vertical direction or the reaction of throttle stick is too sensitive, then decrease 20% of the gain. Now it is a suitable Vertical gain.

2) Attitude Gain
Attitude gains determine the reaction speed of attitude from command stick, the bigger the value the quicker the reaction. Increase it for sharper and quicker leveling action after command stick released. The control feeling will be stiffness and rigid if the value is too high; and sluggish leveling action and slow braking if too small.

N017RW said:
Yaw:The way of tuning the Yaw gain is the same as the way of adjusting the Tail Gyro. If you want fast stick reaction speed, increase the gain, otherwise decrease the gain. However, the spin of multi-rotor is produced by the counter torque force, and the magnitude of which is limited. Therefore, large gain will not produce tail vibration like helicopter, but severe reaction at the start or stop of motors, which will affect the stabilization of the other directions.

So I was right... right? if the yaw movement is too quick, decrease the yaw gain and you'll have to move the stick farther to get faster movements... which should give you more wiggle room to make a slow yaw turn

That's how I understand it too.

Edit: Lowered to 100% from 120%. Will report back if the weather's ok tomorrow.

The individual gains effect how fast computer corrects phantom when it receives a disruption like from a gust of wind. It does not have any effect on control input. Attitude gain is how sensitive the phantom is to stick input.

Tom

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj