Yaw EndPoint Setting P3A

Reaction score
I have the latest firmware update and while adjusting some gain & expo settings, I noticed an option to change the Yaw Endpoint setting. This is set by default on 150 but can be adjusted between 100%-150%. Can anyone explain what this does and how it effects the P3A?
Thanks!!

It controls the yaw (spin) on your Phantom. The more yaw gain the faster it responds and spins. Lower the yaw gain & it will spin slower. Useful when "Yawing" & getting blurred video.

Doesn't explain the question .. "yaw endpoint" any ideas. I understand what yaw is and changing gain settings and how this affects the craft but Yaw endpoint has me puzzled.

Based on what I just learned on Google, an endpoint is the travel limit for whatever you're tweaking. If this setting is in regard to the gimbal, I'd assume this is the travel limit the gimbal yaws when yawing the aircraft. If this setting is in regard to the yaw stick, I'd assume it's the travel limit for the stick when yawing.

I think I spoke too soon and bbfpv is right on. Expo settings effectively reduce sensitivity to stick movements near the neutral position. After you are out of that range you have a 1 to 1 stick movement to output response. The endpoint -- surely the aircraft in this case determines the maximum rate. Lowering it would reduce the max rate. Combining third with the expo setting could smooth out the yaw sensitivity, which I think is a bit much for just flying in the sport mode, and way to fast and sensitive for video in the P mode. I'm gonna to play with it.

Did you ever get a clear answer as to what Yaw Endpoint does? Since "Endpoint" is the final stage of something, I was assuming Yaw Endpoint means you can control the rate at which the spin or yaw comes to a stop. It seems the slowest stop would be 100% and fastest would be 150%. I guess the only way to know for sure is to test it out and see what it does, but it does seem strange that when you Google the term, you can't really find a clear definition for it and the question you initially posed is the first thing that shows up on Google!! Most people know what Yaw is, but it is the term "Endpoint" that is not super clear.

Last edited:
Bump....still a bit unclear on this one..."Yaw Endpoint" that is...

Yaw end point controls the top speed of the drones yaw. Think of the values of 100-150 as 100% to 150%. So you can increase the top speed of the drones yaw by 50% or thereabouts. For the phantoms with limited gimbal pan, you will want the yaw to be nice and slow for smooth pans on your target. I typically run yaw end point at the minimum and reduce yaw control expo settings down to 0.25 or 0.30 for less sensitivity on the yaw stick.

@Teacup:

Thanks! EXACTLY what I needed to know! This was reset on the latest (1.8.80 or the one before it) DJI P3P firmware update and my nice, smooth yaw/pans suffered....

You guys should consider getting in the habit of stating what OS you are using when mentioning settings. I fly with android Nvidia K1 Shield and a ios ipad mini 2. Each OS has it's own flying characteristics. I fly 98% of the time with the Nvidia but the P3 actually flies a lot nicer with the ios.

No point going into great detail on the differences. Depending on what you're working with, just know things between them are not matching. Don't be the fool that just jumps in and plugs in digits without researching the setup.

Btw, it can be beneficial to list your setup in your signature. Especially those of you with nothing in your signature at all.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4