Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

XT60 Connections

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Unicyclejunkie, Jun 19, 2015.

1. Unicyclejunkie

I feel like this may sound like a dumb question....but do you guys have any tips or techniques for pulling apart the xt60 connection?

It's starting to get a bit ridiculous, on days that I fly like 10 or 11 times, by the end of the day my thumbs are like on fire from using so much force to pull apart the connections. Also, I just received a new Lectron pro battery, and it's a total nightmare to pull apart. Today my multistar is coming in and i'm worried about that one too.

But what i'm most worried about...is if i'm damaging the phantom as I pull these apart, because as I pull them apart it always ends with a violent tug that feels like it's going to rip the wires out of the phantom.

I do want them to be snug just in case something unexpected happens and the battery flies out, but this is just too snug. I feel like each time I take a battery out i'm getting closer and closer to ripping the wires out.

2. Unicyclejunkie

Whoops, I thought I put this in the P1 forum.

3. leekiya

Easily solved, i had the same problem years ago but came across this video which solved the problem. Just taken me a while to find it again but here it is for you.

IflyinWY likes this.
  4. IflyinWY

I did the same thing BUT was uncomfortable with how easy the battery came unplugged and kept tinkering around with expanding and compressing the split pins until it was a little more difficult than Mic shows here.

I also drilled small indentations on both sides of every XT60 connector I have.
    I did this on the neutral side of the connector, NOT near the positive terminal.

If the plug gets too tough for fingers I use these:
    Channel Lock No. 907 Snap Ring Plier
    Snap ring plier with tip.jpg

5. Ti22

XT60’s can be tough to disconnect. I’ve got more experience with APP’s (Anderson Power Poles) and always use locks to prevent unintended disconnect.

Due to this trouble/topic I’m just about ready to mod my P1 to use APP’s.

IflyinWY likes this.
  6. edsvfr800

I spray them with a bit of silicone spray.