Xoar Beechwood Props on the P3

Reaction score
Reactions: Numone
Are they available in self tightening types too?

Shame they don't have them in naked. I think the wood look (ie not painted, clear coated) would be a show stopper. I always prefered wood props on my RC planes. Something about them was more pleasing to the eye.

Doesn't matter what their made of... nothing will perform as good as DJI OEM props.

It's been said here many times that DJI tunes their propulsion systems.
The props are integral to that tuning.

Anything else will be a compromise.

Doesn't matter what their made of... nothing will perform as good as DJI OEM props.

It's been said here many times that DJI tunes their propulsion systems.
The props are integral to that tuning.

Anything else will be a compromise.

That is a bit brand fetishistic (of whatever is the correct English word).

Even the aeronaut props I posted above are better as the wobbling plastic ones, even quieter without reduction of flight time.

Search here and you'll see there is no such thing as brand fetishistic in this case.

The design of the props is not ad-hoc.

The pitch profile and flexibility are all part of it along with the motor design and ESC firmware.

But I'm open to your explanation of why this must just be the way it is for reasons of luck or whatever you come up with.

Last edited:
Search here and you'll see there is no such thing as brand fetishistic in this case.

The design of the props is not ad-hoc.

The pitch profile and flexibility are all part of it along with the motor design and ESC firmware.

But I'm open to your explanation of why this must just be the way it is for reasons of luck or whatever you come up with.

I really don't think this would be on topic of this thread. But may in another one.

Beechwood props often perform better on RC aircraft - and remember often they are turning at 20,000 rpm on 2 strokes!
Wood is an awesome material. It has flex and strength in relation to the way the grain runs.

Reactions: Digdat0
I have always loved the look and feel of real wooden props and always preferred them up until I got into Electron Propulsion Systems (electric motors LOL). I've found that electrics perform much better with finely tuned props at least for the non-High Performance series. When you get into large scale motors etc the wood can be a viable option.

With that being said I think these would look MUCH better if they were clear coated so you could see and appreciate the wood grain.

Shame they don't have them in naked. I think the wood look (ie not painted, clear coated) would be a show stopper. I always prefered wood props on my RC planes. Something about them was more pleasing to the eye.
they actually have a natural wood color now

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers