Xiaomi Mi Pad anyone?

Oh. If I read that correctly, I didn't see having GPS. Not saying that's a deal breaker, but with some of the map and follow me features, that may not work. I'm no expert on what to purchase, I personally invested in an Ipad air 2. I've never owned an IOS, so this is new to me but makes for a very smooth experience so far.

Yep, no GPS, And so far i have not used GPS once. If i want follow me ill use my Galaxy S6 which is smaller so more convenient for activities. an iPad Air 2 is 220% the price of a Mi Pad

I'm about to hit the trigger on a Xiaomi MI Pad
Xiaomi Mi Pad 7.9 vs. Nvidia Shield - GSMArena.com
Some say the Shield is the best android device to run DJI Go APP but!
-Same processor as the Nvidia Shield
-Better screen
-Cheaper

Sounds like a bargain or am I missing something?

I went through 5 tablets before I finally settled on the iPad Air 2! Wish I wouldn't have went cheap and saved myself the hassle.

1. Samsung tab
2. iPad mini 2
3. iPad mini 2 with data(which I was sent a iPad mini 1)
4. iPad mini 2 with LTE
5. iPad Air 2

Not a fan of much of anything. Like you, I attempt to do research to narrow the best solution. I do love me some banggood for cheap gear for my fpv250 and many other items. I approached the phantom 3 as an investment though. Something different than the usual approach in this hobby.

Back to your question. If GPS is not needed and your looking for a second alternative, this may meet your needs. It does shows great specs, .
No Xiaomi fans i gather

Yep, no GPS, And so far i have not used GPS once. If i want follow me ill use my Galaxy S6 which is smaller so more convenient for activities. an iPad Air 2 is 220% the price of a Mi Pad
How does google maps work without gps? Both units look almost identical spec wise. The nvidia has an hdmi port though.

I never enable it so I don't really need it?
I am saying that your device needs gps to know your location on google maps, even if you pre-load the area that you are going to be in. You need GPS, even if you don't do any of the new features.

That's not true because the birds sends the GPS location it took off from to the app and that is set as the operator's location. If you want to change home point to your current location while the bird is away from you, You'll need GPS.
@DaGunn

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31