x1 not working on my dj6 controller of new phantom v1.1

Reaction score
please let me know if anybody knows the cure.
just got the gimbal installed, turned gimbal ON in naza M and x1 still not responding in naza, can not calibrate, nada!. i found this link (( https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/532 ... pgrade.zip )) for a controller software update that is supposed to fix the issue but my controller does not get recognized by dji's rc assist software when plugging the macro usb directly into the pc.
i did the regular updates through naza m but that still doesn't work.
help!!!!

Hi. Did you get any responses to this problem? You were lucky, I downloaded the exact file, and was able to connect and upgrade, but on repowering, the transmitter is dead, and the firmware shows 0.0.0.0. I tried everything from new batteries, to reloading and still get the dead transmitter, I think it bricked the firmware. Can't locate another or different assistant software for the DJ6. Have you have any luck?

Just found the solution, went to http://www.dji.com/download/phantom-2-downloads/ and downloaded the Phantom RC Assistant Software v1.0 file. Connected, turned on the controller with the loader button down, upgraded nd it works. Then I calibrated the controller. Will check it out later today

Same problem. Bricked DJ6 since updating the firmware.

The transmitter range is now down to about 1 foot!

If I put the radio right up to the coptor the red light will turn off. Any farther and yellow flashing...

The good news is that the gimbal tilts (could not callibrate channel in Assistant until firmware was updated). The bad news is the Phantom is now dead in the water...

I have not found any way to revert to the old firmware.

This is the most frustrating piece of equipment I have ever purchased. From becoming a brick after the initial firmware upgrade on the Phantom, to this... None of the answers have come from DJI. If it wasn't for the forums and YouTube I would have probably nuked this thing by now.

By the way... this is on a dual antenna version and it is a D-bus transmitter.

Have either of you worked past this problem?

My transmitter is still dead. :cry:

I attempted to contact DJI, but I'm not holding my breath.

Exact same thing happened to me. DJ6 Tx is bricked while attempting to update firmware (w/ Phantom 1.1.1). Any progress with fixing?

I sent an email to DJI Support (since their US office phone has a "all reps are busy" message). Has anyone ever got an email (or phone call) response from them?

Thank you!

I got the same problem. My x1 is not responding...
Have you found any solution to this yet?

I got the DJ6 controller!

wackoz said:
I got the same problem. My x1 is not responding...
Have you found any solution to this yet?

I got the DJ6 controller!

Has ANYONE found a fix for this? While my DJ6 is still working, I cannot get X1 to respond.

If anyone has an answer, it would be greatly appreciated.

trphoto said:
Hi. Did you get any responses to this problem? You were lucky, I downloaded the exact file, and was able to connect and upgrade, but on repowering, the transmitter is dead, and the firmware shows 0.0.0.0. I tried everything from new batteries, to reloading and still get the dead transmitter, I think it bricked the firmware. Can't locate another or different assistant software for the DJ6. Have you have any luck?

Just found the solution, went to http://www.dji.com/download/phantom-2-downloads/ and downloaded the Phantom RC Assistant Software v1.0 file. Connected, turned on the controller with the loader button down, upgraded nd it works. Then I calibrated the controller. Will check it out later today

Did this fix your X1 problem? Sorry for resurrecting this post, but I'm having the same problem with X1.

I have the same problem. I have a Phantom 1 (ver.1.1.1) with DJ6 controller. I installed the upgrade board together with the Zenmuse H3-2D gimbal. DJ6 Transmitter does not control gimbal tilt. No X1 input on the software. We tried pairing the Phantom 1 with the older transmitters (the ones that sell for 65USD - 89USD) and it does not pair up. We tried pairing it to the new (and more expensive) DT7 and it works like a charm, tilt function and all.

I don't think I am willing to shell out (179USD) for a DT7. I am sending mine back to DJI in California for repairs.

BluWater said:
I have the same problem. I have a Phantom 1 (ver.1.1.1) with DJ6 controller. I installed the upgrade board together with the Zenmuse H3-2D gimbal. DJ6 Transmitter does not control gimbal tilt. No X1 input on the software. We tried pairing the Phantom 1 with the older transmitters (the ones that sell for 65USD - 89USD) and it does not pair up. We tried pairing it to the new (and more expensive) DT7 and it works like a charm, tilt function and all.

I don't think I am willing to shell out (179USD) for a DT7. I am sending mine back to DJI in California for repairs.

I FINALLY figured it out. I had to first calibrate the DJ6 using the RC Assistant software. This software is not listed under the Phantom 1 downloads, but it is under the Phantom 2. Same transmitter.

Once you install the software. Open the DJ6 and connect to your computer via the USB connection. Update the firmware, then calibrate X1. This took several tries. The best results were obtained by first centering the X1 pot (with a screwdriver), then only turning it a small amount I each direction during the calibration.

Once this is completed successfully, you must now calibrate the NAZA using the NAZA Assistant software. Put the DJ6 back together and run the NAZA Assistant software. Use the X1 Calibration feature. Again, this took several tries, but eventually I got a fairly smooth result using the lever on the transmitter.

Hope this helps. This doesn't seem to be documented anywhere. I got the from numerous searches. Google was my friend!

That is awesome! I will try it as soon as I get home.
Both the local retailer and DJI tech support were dumbfounded of the transmitter issue. They both thought I just have a defective x1 pot.
Thank you for your help!

I was almost to the point of replacing the X1 pot myself. I was pretty happy when the calibration worked!
Let me know how it works out for you.

I was able to upgrade the DJ6 using the RC assistant. I also upgraded everything else in the Naza software. The x1 is able to register in the software and was able to move the gimbal. However, I just have to fine tune the x1 calibration.
Thank you for the tip and possibly spending more than $180usd for a new controller.

Glad it worked for you. Would be nice if there was some type of documentation for the RC Assistant somewhere.

My DJ6 X1 lever does not work properly either. At both extreme positions, the value is +1000 and I have a very little range to find the -1000 value in. I have tried every possible solutions I have found on the internet, but none of them has solved my problem. :cry:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vfO_i40B05E[/youtube]

I'm also having a hard time getting a smooth transition on the x1 even after the RC assistant software update and Naza software updates. When I plugged in the transmitter via USB to the RC assistant software, it registers the whole range (-1000 to 1000). But when I calibrate x1 using Naza software, it becomes erratic, jumping to both extremes and all over the place.

This is my first experience with a quadcopter, and so far things haven't been so smooth. I'm a photographer, and my boss bought a Phantom 1 with the Zenmuse H3-2D gimbal kit. Installation was simple enough (I'm also an electrician and an electrical engineer).

We connected everything and had minimal movement of the gimbal (approx +10˚ to- +30˚).

We went through all the pain of updating the firmware in all the components

* NAZA-M V2: MC 4.02, PMU 0.2.0.4, Receiver-2.4G 1.0.0.18
* RC: Firmware 1.0.1.12, Loader 12.0.0.2
* ZENMUSE: MC 1.6, IMU 1.8, CMU 1.0

We found after updating all these firmwares that the controller wouldn't communicate with the drone, and read that the RC setting in the NAZA Assistant had to be set to D-BUS, instead of PPM. We could now communicate with the drone, but the X1 control for the gimbal was incredibly erratic. I tried several times with calibration in the NAZA Assistant, and there seemed to be no logic to the adjustments - turning a complete sweep in either direction (CW, CCW) the values would jump from one extreme to the other several times. I expected that it is being read by an analogue to digital converter, and that the values should smoothly increase in one direction, and decrease in the other, with the calibration setting the limits between full turn CW and CCW.

Sadly (for the sake of this) I'm living/working in Japan, so don't have access to my usual tools to be able to diagnose further (like a multimeter to test if the potentiometer is cactus)

http://youtu.be/HKP5IeByuiU

Has any one seen behaviour like this before? Has anyone been able to fix it? We've managed to calibrate it to keep the gimbal pointing straight ahead, so at least we have some nice stabilised video, but having tilt control would be a great benefit!

Ross.

PEKOiSM said:
This is my first experience with a quadcopter, and so far things haven't been so smooth. I'm a photographer, and my boss bought a Phantom 1 with the Zenmuse H3-2D gimbal kit. Installation was simple enough (I'm also an electrician and an electrical engineer).

We connected everything and had minimal movement of the gimbal (approx +10˚ to- +30˚).

We went through all the pain of updating the firmware in all the components

* NAZA-M V2: MC 4.02, PMU 0.2.0.4, Receiver-2.4G 1.0.0.18
* RC: Firmware 1.0.1.12, Loader 12.0.0.2
* ZENMUSE: MC 1.6, IMU 1.8, CMU 1.0

We found after updating all these firmwares that the controller wouldn't communicate with the drone, and read that the RC setting in the NAZA Assistant had to be set to D-BUS, instead of PPM. We could now communicate with the drone, but the X1 control for the gimbal was incredibly erratic. I tried several times with calibration in the NAZA Assistant, and there seemed to be no logic to the adjustments - turning a complete sweep in either direction (CW, CCW) the values would jump from one extreme to the other several times. I expected that it is being read by an analogue to digital converter, and that the values should smoothly increase in one direction, and decrease in the other, with the calibration setting the limits between full turn CW and CCW.

Sadly (for the sake of this) I'm living/working in Japan, so don't have access to my usual tools to be able to diagnose further (like a multimeter to test if the potentiometer is cactus)

http://youtu.be/HKP5IeByuiU

Has any one seen behaviour like this before? Has anyone been able to fix it? We've managed to calibrate it to keep the gimbal pointing straight ahead, so at least we have some nice stabilised video, but having tilt control would be a great benefit!

Ross.

Yes, I had the same problem and was able to resolve. The issue for me was the controller. It also needs to have its firmware updated, and then calibrate the X1 pot.

Go to the DJI site. Under the Phantom 2 section, download the RC Assistant. Open your transmitter and connect your transmitter to your computer via USB. Now run the RC Assistant and update the firmware.

While in the RC Assistant, now calibrate X1. I did this by turning the X1 pot with a srewdriver. First, center the pot, run the Assistant, then turn the pot 1/8 turn in either direction. This tells the Assistant that 1/4 turn is full throw. It took me a few tries for this to work.

Finally, reassemble the transmitter and run the NAZA Assistant. Calibrate x1. Again, it took a few tries for this to work.

Hope that works.

kenny0008 said:
Yes, I had the same problem and was able to resolve. The issue for me was the controller. It also needs to have its firmware updated, and then calibrate the X1 pot.

Go to the DJI site. Under the Phantom 2 section, download the RC Assistant. Open your transmitter and connect your transmitter to your computer via USB. Now run the RC Assistant and update the firmware.

While in the RC Assistant, now calibrate X1. I did this by turning the X1 pot with a srewdriver. First, center the pot, run the Assistant, then turn the pot 1/8 turn in either direction. This tells the Assistant that 1/4 turn is full throw. It took me a few tries for this to work.

Finally, reassemble the transmitter and run the NAZA Assistant. Calibrate x1. Again, it took a few tries for this to work.

Hope that works.

Thanks for the good news. I don't have the Phantom here with me, but I will try what you suggested (hopefully later today).

I had already downloaded the RC Assistant and updated the RC firmware to the latest (1.0.1.12). I tried calibrating the controller using the assistant, but it would only let me calibrate the two directional sticks, not the X1. From what I remember, it told me to calibrate X1 using the NAZA-M Assistant... Is there something that I have overlooked?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31