x1 calibration problems

Reaction score
Just put a new gimbal on my p2v and it will not tilt...it just stays in the level postition. When I try calibrating it and open up the vision assistant I do not have an x1 box in the sticks section...just the x2....can anyone help me out please?

Geert said:
Hi Nick,

Which gimbal are you using?
Have you set some values in the Servo Travel Limit ?

Geert./.
Its a motorpixie 2 axis gimbal Geert....I do have values set per a tutorial found on youtube. My original gimbal still works fine...tried it yesterday. I cant make this gimbal work no matter what I try. Everything functions normal and properly except for the tilt function. Any ideas??

nick231 said:
Geert said:
Hi Nick,

Geert./.
Its a motorpixie 2 axis gimbal Geert....I do have values set per a tutorial found on youtube. My original gimbal still works fine...tried it yesterday. I cant make this gimbal work no matter what I try. Everything functions normal and properly except for the tilt function. Any ideas??

Just out of curiosity... Did you buy the MotorPixie on the classified section of this forum?

Thanks...
-slinger

gunslinger said:
nick231 said:
Geert said:
Hi Nick,

Geert./.

Just out of curiosity... Did you buy the MotorPixie on the classified section of this forum?

Thanks...
-slinger

Yep, this one was mine. I've been helping him troubleshoot the problem, but so far nothing has working, for whatever reason his app will not allow manual control of the pitch even though the gimbal appears to be operating properly. I'm out of ideas

Thanks...
-slinger[/quote]

Yep, this one was mine. I've been helping him troubleshoot the problem, but so far nothing has working, for whatever reason his app will not allow manual control of the pitch even though the gimbal appears to be operating properly. I'm out of ideas[/quote]
I have given up....after 2 weeks and countless hours and dead ends I am basically marking this off as a loss...it was only 90 bucks plus all of my time...which is not the issue anyway. I guess I am the only one who might wonder how something worked just fine until I tried using it?? I cant and will not try selling it on the classifieds here or anywhere else because it is NOT a working unit. I will happily admit that the seller was cordial in helping me attempt to fix this unit....but I wasnt buying a unit that needed work. Now with all of the goofing around...my camera will not connect...so I have more problems then what I started with. Im not happy.

nick231 said:
Yep, this one was mine. I've been helping him troubleshoot the problem, but so far nothing has working, for whatever reason his app will not allow manual control of the pitch even though the gimbal appears to be operating properly. I'm out of ideas

I have given up....after 2 weeks and countless hours and dead ends I am basically marking this off as a loss...it was only 90 bucks plus all of my time...which is not the issue anyway. I guess I am the only one who might wonder how something worked just fine until I tried using it?? I cant and will not try selling it on the classifieds here or anywhere else because it is NOT a working unit. I will happily admit that the seller was cordial in helping me attempt to fix this unit....but I wasnt buying a unit that needed work. Now with all of the goofing around...my camera will not connect...so I have more problems then what I started with. Im not happy.

I am truly sorry for your problems and can easily relate. I was extremely curious about the fact that this unit came to be for sale very shortly after it was created. And... I sincerely don't intend to cast any aspersions upon anyone who either designed, created or sold this item...

I'm just wondering what kind of support you've received from the seller and designer of this gimbal. I think this question is extremely germane because the gimbal design information and the sale of the gimbal were both handled through this forum...

I sincerely hope we can be of service as an aid to resolving this issue...

-slinger

I am truly sorry for your problems and can easily relate. I was extremely curious about the fact that this unit came to be for sale very shortly after it was created. And... I sincerely don't intend to cast any aspersions upon anyone who either designed, created or sold this item...

I'm just wondering what kind of support you've received from the seller and designer of this gimbal. I think this question is extremely germane because the gimbal design information and the sale of the gimbal were both handled through this forum...

I sincerely hope we can be of service as an aid to resolving this issue...

-slinger[/quote]

The seller was nice about helping out....but still the fact remains that I was purchasing a working unit and havent seen the unit function correctly yet. Now my camera wont connect so I have more problems.

AnselA said:
In Assistant, if Servo travel limit / Pitch center value is changed will the camera move?
I will try that....should it respond while I am making the changes?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers