X1 Calibration Issue

Reaction score
I reinstalled my operating system, and in turn needed to redownload the DJI Phantom 1 assistant software, RC assistant, and driver. I was running version 1.08, but the only option I had was the 2.0 upgrade. I installed it, upgraded, and then lost the ability to calibrate X1. It either doesn't move, or when it does, won't traverse entirely. I started searching the forums, and found someone had placed a link to revert back to 1.08. So I followed through with that in hopes of fixing the gimble tilt issue. So far, no luck. I've tried the RC assistant as someone suggested, I've upgraded, the reverted, and all other options I can find here. Any suggestions?

Thanks DxJxI, but I found a link here to revert. That hasn't fixed the problem. Someone suggested all you needed to was upgrade/revert, then use the RC assistant to calibrate the sticks, then open the Phantom 2 assistant and calibrate X1. What's happening, the tilt won't calibrate. It will go to 1000, but won't go back to -1000, but only to the midpoint. It's like the potentiometer is broke.

there are threads on here that explain exactly how to do it…I had the same problem..you MUST follow the directions exactly as they are written or it will not work…If you do one step before the other it won't work…Trust me I was so frustrated and someone explained exactly what to do in the specific order and it worked

Raptor said:
To calibrate X1, you have to follow VERY STRICTLY the steps recommended by DJI:

1. Calibrate the stick in the RC Assistant (note that X1 cannot be calibrated in RC Assistant);
2. Calibrate X1 through Phantom Assistant.

If you do step 2 first, you will have no control on X1 no matter how many times you repeat Step 1 or Step 2.

The ONLY solution is to "upgrade" or "downgrade" P2 and then perform Step 1 and Step 2 again in that order.

I lost my X1 control and resolve it by using the above method. Hope this is helpful.
This is exactly what you MUST do step by step…thanks to Raptor it finally worked!

Have you update the RC firmare too?

P.S. For 2.0 Phantom Assistant need 1.1 RC assistant

ginsonic said:

I've reverted to Phantom Assistant 1.08, we may have determined the issue, it appears I'm running RC Assistant 1.1. Does that force me to run 2.0, or does anyone have the older version of RC assistant available, as I've run those steps in that exact order without success?

NYRangers99 said:
Raptor said:
To calibrate X1, you have to follow VERY STRICTLY the steps recommended by DJI:

1. Calibrate the stick in the RC Assistant (note that X1 cannot be calibrated in RC Assistant);
2. Calibrate X1 through Phantom Assistant.

If you do step 2 first, you will have no control on X1 no matter how many times you repeat Step 1 or Step 2.

The ONLY solution is to "upgrade" or "downgrade" P2 and then perform Step 1 and Step 2 again in that order.

I lost my X1 control and resolve it by using the above method. Hope this is helpful.
This is exactly what you MUST do step by step…thanks to Raptor it finally worked!

I'm having this issue and I'm not sure what you mean by "upgrade" or "downgrade". I will try everything again, but I'm not holding out much luck. Everything worked fine with the 2d gimble and now the 3d is causing me this headache where the x1 is either level or straight down.

ginsonic said:

I'm on a mac and on the DJI website I can download v2.0 or v3.0. Common sense would tell me to download v3.0 as it's newer. I would assume it would have everyone 2.0 has. Why does this stuff have to be so confusing? I don't see why they can package all the software to 1 program.

PhantomNoob said:
I'm having this issue and I'm not sure what you mean by "upgrade" or "downgrade". I will try everything again, but I'm not holding out much luck. Everything worked fine with the 2d gimble and now the 3d is causing me this headache where the x1 is either level or straight down.

"upgrade" or "downgrade" means the same thing: reinstall the firmware of your P2 using a different version of the Phantom Assistant.

Example 1: connect your P2 with Phantom Assistant Version 1.08 and you can choose to "upgrade/downgrade" your P2 to Version 1.08

Example 2: connect your P2 with Phantom Assistant Version 2.0 and you can choose to "upgrade/downgrade" your P2 to Version 2.0

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrl