WTH IS THIS?!?

Reaction score
I've had over 30 flights with my P4. Not a single issue. Go to fire it up and now this is all that happens..

I've tried to redo IMU and everything else. Swapped out 4 batteries. New cable for iPad nothing is working. I can take pictures or video and move the camera around it says safe to fly but won't show GPS or battery life and won't take off.

6a78a1e48d2aa2e452a6d97d85f35329.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

I've had over 30 flights with my P4. Not a single issue. Go to fire it up and now this is all that happens..

I've tried to redo IMU and everything else. Swapped out 4 batteries. New cable for iPad nothing is working. I can take pictures or video and move the camera around it says safe to fly but won't show GPS or battery life and won't take off.

6a78a1e48d2aa2e452a6d97d85f35329.jpg

Sounds like your gimbal diaconnected from the flight controller.

There is a central mother board called the "flight controller board" that tells everything what to do. Like when you are in wind how much to compensate, gives information to the ESCs (electionic speed controllers), etc.

Never really thought about it, but it stands to reason that this unit also controls the gimbal and it's not getting information from the flight board which it needs to know how to compensate for the movement of the bird.

Question: has your bird either crashed or got real hot like left in a car recently? Might be a solder point that got overly hot and disconnected.

Normally I would think a restart on something like this would fix the issue but since you've done a bunch of stuff, my semi-educated guess is you've lost contact with the flight board from the gimbal.

First thing I would check is the ribbon on the outside part of the gimbal. Maybe it just got disconnected or became slightly loose.

* edit: I found a success story of someone with the same problem.

DJI Forum|Gimbal and Main Controller Disconnected

Last edited:
Reactions: Santiego
Never in a warm car. Never crashed. It's so strange.

All my firmware is up to date this is one of the first batches from the Apple Store.

Ribbon looks fine. Pushed on it and everythjng

Ribbon looks fine. Pushed on it and everythjng

Hmmm. Gonna need someone that knows more than me. I've depleted my knowledge. Hardware isn't my strong suit. One thing is for sure, either the software is preventing the flight board from controlling the gimbal or vice versa. Sorry man. Good luck. Maybe someone with more knowledge will know. If it's not solved, I'll ask my engineer friend.

Tried downgrade of firmware no luck this is very strange

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

I'd take the screws off that hold the grey part, the composite plastic area that the whole gimbal is now connect to, what do you have to lose? Be very careful and just look to see if the cable up inside isn't pinched or broken or not connected, even if it seems to be, I know I would prolly disconnect it and reconnect, to make sure it was making better contact. If it was still bad, well then might have to bite the bullet. I've heard reports of guys getting their bird back in two weeks, so maybe not the end of the world

This is a very clear sign of cable/s got disconnected. Either you should fix it yourself or contact DJI service.

Did you drop your bird or had hard landing?

Reactions: Sim597
No drops no hard landing always hand catch. But now I see there's another person having the same problem out of the blue.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl