Wtf, why doesn't my v3 have ventilation holes in wifi module

Reaction score
Wtf, why doesn't my v3 have ventilation holes in the wifi module like it is supposed to?

And it looks like there are fingerprints on it. I never opened her up before... [attachment=-1]uploadfromtaptalk1420613390652.jpg[/attachment]

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1420613390652.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1420613390652.jpg
    191.6 KB · Views: 1,447
Re: Wtf, why doesn't my v3 have ventilation holes in wifi mo

eyecon82 said:
like it is supposed to?
Why do you think it is "supposed to"?

Also, I just google image searched DJI phantom wifi module, and I don't see holes in any of the pictures. Seems to me like your anger has been misplaced. Maybe you should drill some holes in yours to make yourself feel better.

Use hammer and chisel to make additional holes.
I have a V+ V2.0 and a V+ V3.0 ( the one with 2312 motors ).
Neither old/new version have vent holes in the wifi module.
Vent holes are totally misplaced in the wifi module due to possible interference and or harmonics coming out of it.
Thats why that copper tape is around the casing to ensure a better shielding.
The new V+ has more and larger amount of silicon paste on the elements that needs cooling, thats all.
I know that because i opened it up to remove the silicon paste and applied arctic silver in stead.

SteveMann said:
eyecon82 said:
like it is supposed to?
Why do you think it is "supposed to"?

because the new v3s have upgraded wifi modules with holes. Did you not know?

And the holes do not mess with interference. Think about your microwave and the screen with holes.

Green_Phantom said:
Chinese people DO have fingerprints you know.
Green_Phantom said:
Also, I just google image searched DJI phantom wifi module, and I don't see holes in any of the pictures. Seems to me like your anger has been misplaced. Maybe you should drill some holes in yours to make yourself feel better.

Clearly you are not up to date on the latest dji products and what has changed.

The new v3 version has a modified wifi module.

Anger? Lol

And yes people have drilled holes into their v2 modules to save them for overheating.

ToThePoint said:
Use hammer and chisel to make additional holes.
I have a V+ first gen and a V+ second gen ( the one with 2312 motors ).
Neither old/new version have vent holes in the wifi module.
Vent holes are totally misplaced in the wifi module due to possible interference and or harmonics coming out of it.
Thats why that copper tape is around the casing to ensure a better shielding.
The new V+ has more and larger amount of silicon paste on the elements that needs cooling, thats all.
I know that because i opened it up to remove the silicon paste and applied arctic silver in stead.

you probably watched my video to apply your artic silver and how to properly heatsink the wifi module

Don't act like a know-it-all when you clearly do not know it all. The new v3 wifi modules do have holes in them for increased ventilation

Here is the new wifi card [attachment=-1]uploadfromtaptalk1420623150758.jpg[/attachment]

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1420623150758.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1420623150758.jpg
    256.8 KB · Views: 2,960

Another photo with holes in wifi module [attachment=-1]uploadfromtaptalk1420623429856.jpg[/attachment]

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1420623429856.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1420623429856.jpg
    121.8 KB · Views: 1,187

eyecon: thanks for posting that up.
Do you know if its the exact same as the previous version but ts got the holes and I believe the heatsink is applied properly ?

I'm just wondering if its possible to do the same thing to mine.. make the holes that is ?? I'm worried if I make more holes perhaps more RF could leak??? (if that makes sense?) that is why I am wondering if they did anything else than make holes and do the thermal paste properly....

Anyone make the holes themselves ??

This is unbelievable. Another reason why new owners need to open their phantoms up immediately uppon receiving them.
- check ESC version
- check for new WiFi module/heat sink

How do they assemble this? Put their hand in a bag of mixed ESCs and WiFi modules and then what they pick they pick and put inside the "upgraded" version. Really it should be called Phantom 2 vision+ vRANDOM and not v3

As for the fingerprints, I've seen them on older Phantoms and even for example on iPhone electronics(brand new never opened up before). So I guess it's "normal".... But it's really beyond me why are they not using gloves....

Speaking of which, eyecon82, what version of ESCs did you get? Does it say v2.1 on the white sticker towards the motor?
Maybe it is related, if you got no version mark there or v2.0 then maybe you get the older wifi module without holes in combination... So maybe it isn't the latest v3

My esc does not say anything on it. Just a number and qr code.

This really erodes my confidence in dji. It seems they just use a grabbag of parts randomly

Yea I thought the new ones were suppose to have holes in them as well!

Love me some Artic Silver haha

Nathan Carter said:
Speaking of which, eyecon82, what version of ESCs did you get? Does it say v2.1 on the white sticker towards the motor?
Maybe it is related, if you got no version mark there or v2.0 then maybe you get the older wifi module without holes in combination... So maybe it isn't the latest v3

I have 2.0 AND holes in the wifi module...

JJDu4 said:

Seems like the early first v3 batches don't have the upgraded wifi module, only the later ones.

Cheap Chinese dji quality control at its best.

JJDu4 said:

Seems like the early first v3 batches don't have the upgraded wifi module, only the later ones.

Cheap Chinese dji quality control at its best. They are purposely using up old inventory

JJM said:
Nathan Carter said:

well, this just gets better and better. Lol.

You hvae he vision plus? When did you buy yours?

eyecon82 said:
JJM said:
Nathan Carter said:

well, this just gets better and better. Lol.

You hvae he vision plus? When did you buy yours?

Haha doesn't it?? Vision 2 plus "v3". Ain't that something?

And I ordered it 12/29 from Amazon.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik