Wtf????!? My brand-new standard just flew away

Take a look at the wind tab in Healtydrones for the first part of tour flight. It shows 25.7 mph avg wind with gust of 27.5(in the exact same direction your drone flew). It could have been worse than that as it didnt have a lot of data to calculate wind speed. I had a similar situation with my P3A, 4mph surface wind but when I climbed mine tried to "blow Away". Had to chase it in the car then finally got it low enough to get below the strong winds and land. Flight path looked just like yours.

Take a look at the wind tab in Healtydrones for the first part of tour flight. It shows 25.7 mph avg wind with gust of 27.5(in the exact same direction your drone flew). It could have been worse than that as it didnt have a lot of data to calculate wind speed. I had a similar situation with my P3A, 4mph surface wind but when I climbed mine tried to "blow Away". Had to chase it in the car then finally got it low enough to get below the strong winds and land. Flight path looked just like yours.

Same thing happened to me about a month ago. Fly away because of strong wind. Lost signal and had to jump in car chasing last known location. I'm sorry to say but if you update to new firmware 1.6 you will have even better chance of fly away since DJI decided to reduced maximum speed. They should have done the opposite and INCREASE the maximum speed. Do you know that 3DR Solo can fly 55mph? No chance of wind fly away there!

It's crazy, even if there was a 30 mph wind why was it not hovering, as it should've been trying to return home at the same speed? Am I incorrect there?

I believe your expectation of flying in such high winds, so high and so far away, and still being able to control your UAV is unrealistic

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's crazy, even if there was a 30 mph wind why was it not hovering, as it should've been trying to return home at the same speed? Am I incorrect there?
At 30 mph wind speed it would take 30mph worth of airspeed to hold the craft steady. That's quite the lean for a hover.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

None of that was my intention I lost control when it was at 300 feet, Frankly I should've gotten in the car like everybody else but I was just waiting for her to return home

Can there be an updraft? While I certainly enjoy flying at the Max sometimes, it was definitely not my intention in this circumstance. And for all you people that are questioning why am doing it then I was actually asked by the city to get a few shots of the town from above at night, I'm on the downtown revitalization Board of Directors, and pursuant to their request , That's what I attempted

Too bad. I really wanted to look at the .DAT. There is another flight I'm looking at that occurred in gusty conditions. In that case the A/C became disoriented, started flying the wrong way and was difficult to recover. It's evident from that .DAT that some aspect of the flight control algorithm became (momentarily) unstable before it recovered. I was hoping to see the same in yours.

Yes, I agree too bad for variety of reasons, I am going to go search for it though I'm pretty sure it's in a wooded area outside town, because that was the direct path it was on it never wavered from until it went out of range

ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots1451003522.341000.jpg

The city used for their website, So see, detractors? I have permission, even if I don't need it, which I don't

Yes, I agree too bad for variety of reasons, I am going to go search for it though I'm pretty sure it's in a wooded area outside town, because that was the direct path it was on it never wavered from until it went out of range
.... and the video would be really helpful if you find it. I'd be looking to see if the roll, pitch, and yaw agree with the video.

I consider myself a noob, and maybe the problem is I am inexperienced and/or naive, but this thread might very well illustrate the most irresponsible flight I've ever heard of - including all the whacky things I've seen on youtube <<<snip the rest of the long winded misread info>>>.
You obviously missed the part where the OP posted that the section you looked at was missing the start of the flight and he then posted that section also.

You obviously missed the part where the OP posted that the section you looked at was missing the start of the flight and he then posted that section also.

God bless! And my wife is from Indiana so I consider myself an honorary Hoosier

Is this forum really being monitored by members, members who take to this Phantom Pilots forum to feed their starving unfulfilled agenda to become drone cops! barefootbeachcombing and TC Malker there are many ways to advance ones agenda through education and leading by example rather then to "dime out" an unsuspecting adventure seeker. You had an opportunity and failed miserably to promote your agenda in a positive and meaningful way. I will never open this app again and will seek quality information elsewhere

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20