Wtf? Gimbal speed control

Reaction score
last week gimbal speed control was moved and this week it's gone? DJI go updates juggle **** up , how r we supposed to shoot well when on set I can't find controls?

That setting is available in the "Gimbal Settings" --> "Advanced Settings" section of DJI GO.

Last edited:
I set mine last night in 3.1 iOS to slow it down. I found there are two settings for the speed based on turning the left wheel on the RC. One almost turned it off at #1 where when I turned the left wheel it barely moved up or down. The other setting is sort of a ramp-up and down adjustment where it starts slow, and then speeds up to where the first setting is set at. Much smoother and slower.

Haven't found a suitable Yaw setting yet though. It doesn't seem to have the ramp up like the gimbal has. It just takes off and then it looks bad on playback. Actually, seems any yaw looks bad on playback as the image artifacts blur and jump vs. going ahead and back.

Right wheel horizon tilt seems odd now in that it doesn't seem to work as well than the prior version for me. Still a typical yaw too quick or braking and the horizon needs some adjustment too.

Altitude still wavers more than it should too. I don't know if they ported the barometer's sensing hole right and if it remains in some sort of turbulent air area inside the thing causing flaky readings. Dunno.

I set mine last night in 3.1 iOS to slow it down. I found there are two settings for the speed based on turning the left wheel on the RC. One almost turned it off at #1 where when I turned the left wheel it barely moved up or down. The other setting is sort of a ramp-up and down adjustment where it starts slow, and then speeds up to where the first setting is set at. Much smoother and slower.

Haven't found a suitable Yaw setting yet though. It doesn't seem to have the ramp up like the gimbal has. It just takes off and then it looks bad on playback. Actually, seems any yaw looks bad on playback as the image artifacts blur and jump vs. going ahead and back.

Right wheel horizon tilt seems odd now in that it doesn't seem to work as well than the prior version for me. Still a typical yaw too quick or braking and the horizon needs some adjustment too.

Altitude still wavers more than it should too. I don't know if they ported the barometer's sensing hole right and if it remains in some sort of turbulent air area inside the thing causing flaky readings. Dunno.

There used to be another setting for gimbal speed elseware. It's ridiculous the 0 - 100 setting. After 3 it's too fast

Attachments

• IMG_0405.JPG
    IMG_0405.JPG
    1,018.9 KB · Views: 336
It's in the "Gimbal Settings"... not the "Main Controller Settings".

Last edited:
Here's the other setting:

DJI-GO-Gimbal-Tilt-EXP.jpg

Note: Your Phantom must be connected to DJI GO in order to change these settings.

Reactions: DougAles
There used to be another setting for gimbal speed elseware. It's ridiculous the 0 - 100 setting. After 3 it's too fast

Yeah, I found the slider isn't too linear and coming off 3 goes much too fast. I had to use a stylus and roll it on the slider to get it to #1 as it's touchy with big fingers. The 3 might be better suited to 50 or something.

That "Gimble SmoothTrack" shown above dampens the take-off speed a bit which helps rather than jerk the gimble into position.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1