WTB P3A, I'm devastated

Reaction score
I am devastated that I crashed my DJI Phantom P3A. I WISH I could blame it on a fly away, or RTH failure, or bad battery, but that's NOT the case. This was completely MY FAULT!!! I wasn't doing anything foolish, but I stand in need of a P3A or P3P with a battery.

I already have the remote and a charger. Nonetheless, I would consider a complete package also.

Feel free to email me or personal message me.

My email address is [email protected].

I look forward to hearing from you.

If anyone has some advice for this "phantom-less" individual, please let me know. I'm kinda wondering if I should sell my controller and charger and go for the P4.

[emoji17]

Ahh, poor guy what happened?
Is your p3a rebuildable? What happened to the bat?

OK (ashamedly)...
I was videoing a beautiful fireworks show which was delayed in starting. My battery was at about 45% before the show even started.

I have a tablet that is a little too large for the screen holder on the remote. I had crafted a device that held the tablet to the holder pretty well but could not find it when going to fly. This caused me to have to lay the tablet on my lap. It was not attached to the remote.

As the fireworks started, I created a beautiful and perfect point–of–interest orbit around the fireworks. When my first battery warning went off, the fireworks show was incredible, and I was not that far out, so I decided to allow it to continue.

In my excitement of videoing I did not notice my battery had dwindled to 8%.

Upon noticing this, honestly, I panicked!!!

In that my tablet was not mounted to my remote… I just kind of forgot all about using it. I started trying to fly visually back toward me without using either the screen or GPS or map. It was just simply crazily stupid of me! I just couldn't tell what direction I was going.

In that the battery was so low, it started to descend on its own. I attempted to bring it down in a safe location as it was some 1500 feet away from me.

It looked to me as though I had landed it in an unoccupied parking lot. My wife and I ran to get the car and drove toward it. To our complete and crushing dismay, it had actually landed on a small road! And the bad news… someone had actually ran over it!

Photo attached… Please note the plethora of tears! [emoji17]

ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots1457910563.966840.jpg

OK (ashamedly)...
I was videoing a beautiful fireworks show which was delayed in starting. My battery was at about 45% before the show even started.

I have a tablet that is a little too large for the screen holder on the remote. I had crafted a device that held the tablet to the holder pretty well but could not find it when going to fly. This caused me to have to lay the tablet on my lap. It was not attached to the remote.

As the fireworks started, I created a beautiful and perfect point–of–interest orbit around the fireworks. When my first battery warning went off, the fireworks show was incredible, and I was not that far out, so I decided to allow it to continue.

In my excitement of videoing I did not notice my battery had dwindled to 8%.

Upon noticing this, honestly, I panicked!!!

In that my tablet was not mounted to my remote… I just kind of forgot all about using it. I started trying to fly visually back toward me without using either the screen or GPS or map. It was just simply crazily stupid of me! I just couldn't tell what direction I was going.

In that the battery was so low, it started to descend on its own. I attempted to bring it down in a safe location as it was some 1500 feet away from me.

It looked to me as though I had landed it in an unoccupied parking lot. My wife and I ran to get the car and drove toward it. To our complete and crushing dismay, it had actually landed on a small road! And the bad news… someone had actually ran over it!

Photo attached… Please note the plethora of tears! [emoji17]

View attachment 47008
:screamcat: That is the saddest and most interesting crash story I have ever heard!

Reactions: dirtybum
Dude, bummer! Hang in there man. I feel for ya

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Oddly, the memory card was corrupted and the latter half of the video was not viewable. :-(

God must be watching out for a fool like me…

My devastating story has a relatively happy ending. I have been looking at phantoms for two weeks after my devastating crash. A guy posted his professional with one battery on my local craigslist today for $499. It has a total of just over four hours flight time. It has the old motor version that has the best and strongest signal output. I paid him $485, and I'm so very happy!

Thanks to everyone on the forum for giving me advice.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BoguSlav