Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

WTB: P2V+ in Southern Ontario area

Discussion in 'Classifieds' started by JdotB, Apr 8, 2015.

1. JdotB

I'm new to the hobby, and have been looking to buy a P2V+ in my area. (Niagara Region). Not sure if I want a V2 or V3. I figured that after today's announcement of the P3 there's probably a bunch of experienced pilots wanting to make the step up. Email me at jdotberg@gmail.com if you have something. Thanks

Update on April 9:
    Never mind.
    I just ordered a P3.....

#1 JdotB, Apr 8, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 9, 2015
  2. Puck

Hey JdotB... where did you order from? I'm in Niagara region as well, new to the hobby. Curious how much the order came out to be with shipping, taxes, etc.

3. JdotB

I bought it from DJI.com. They don't charge for shipping and they don't charge tax (at least that's what they told me more than once). So all I'm paying is the posted price in US dollars. The receipt confirms it, although I don't see the charge on my US credit card yet. With exchange it will be $1,405 CAD at today's rate.

4. Torcan

now just wait and see what the duties and taxes will be at the border when it comes across. Be prepared to fork over some more $$ to get it released.

5. JdotB

That sucks.

6. JdotB

Any value in this statement on the DJI Website?

"3. Will my parcel be charged customs and import charges?
    You don't need to pay any VAT or duty tax. However, some local shipping agents may try to charge you for this. If you encounter this situation, please DO NOT pay them, and contact our online sales support at onlinesales@dji.com. We will follow up to you."

7. Ranger003

just be aware that if you have to send the unit back to china that there is a $350.00 to $400 postage charge. at least thats what canada post would charge based on the box size. I cancelled my order from dji and ordered semi local. I live in southern ontario.