WTB: GoPro Hero 3 Black (non +)

Reaction score
I'm giving my dad my Hero 2 so I need a replacement.

I would like the Hero 3 Black (non +). I've been searching on Craigslist, but most sellers won't ship to me (AL) and they still want near new MSRP. I don't want to spend more than $275-300 (including shipping). The only extras I would be interested in would be SD cards, batteries, and maybe a floaty door.

Let me know if you come across anything like that.

Thanks!

syotr said:
Why not the 3+? You can buy it for $350 shipped free.

There are a lot of discussions and comparisons out there between the two models and for aerial photography, the non + is noticeably sharper. Apparently GoPro decided to change the focal 'sweet spot' of the 3+ since most users were mounting the cameras on areas that were within 3-4 ft of the subject. However, when they did this they gave up the ability of infinity focus so anything more than 3-4 ft away is really soft. Do a search online and you'll see a bunch of video footage and pictures comparing the two - the non + is the way to go for aerial photography, which is the only thing I'm interested in.

Check out the first few posts here; they show links to picture comparisons...

http://goprouser.freeforums.org/differe ... 7-110.html

SilverBullet17 said:
syotr said:
Why not the 3+? You can buy it for $350 shipped free.

There are a lot of discussions and comparisons out there between the two models and for aerial photography, the non + is noticeably sharper. Apparently GoPro decided to change the focal 'sweet spot' of the 3+ since most users were mounting the cameras on areas that were within 3-4 ft of the subject. However, when they did this they gave up the ability of infinity focus so anything more than 3-4 ft away is really soft. Do a search online and you'll see a bunch of video footage and pictures comparing the two - the non + is the way to go for aerial photography, which is the only thing I'm interested in.

Check out the first few posts here; they show links to picture comparisons...

http://goprouser.freeforums.org/differe ... 7-110.html

The early plus models had this problem but GoPro has changed the way they adjust them now. I bought one from the first batch and returned it because the image was soft on one side. The replacement one made a month later was fine.
It is actually easy to reset the focus if you need to.
There are other improvements to the plus model that makes it worth the extra price.

I would agree, my 3+ is noticeably sharper than my standard 3 was. The colour range and noise seem quite a bit better too. I was hesitant on getting the 3+ at first too, be really do enjoy it over it's predecessor.

Spoil yourself and get the +, or wait till the 4 is released :cool:

HeliRy said:
I would agree, my 3+ is noticeably sharper than my standard 3 was. The colour range and noise seem quite a bit better too. I was hesitant on getting the 3+ at first too, be really do enjoy it over it's predecessor.

Spoil yourself and get the +, or wait till the 4 is released :cool:

That's interesting to hear this from aerial fliers who have owned both. Now my decision is just that much more complicated :roll: There are some great deals on the 3+ (about same price as standard 3) so I'll take a look and make sure it's the latest model. My birthday is on Thursday after all - guess I should spoil myself, lol. The 4 won't be released until later this year - I want a new camera NOW, lol. Thanks for the input!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20