WSJ- Video of drone delivery in New Zealand- 12 prop drone!

Dream on !
No dreaming required..... which part of the current reality are you struggling with? Do you have a genuine interest in this? Assuming the operation meets with approval of the regulators you can do the numbers in 5 mins with a keno pencil on a beer coaster to show its commercially viable.

What’s wrong with just making a cup of coffee at home ?

To each their own I suppose.

Plus, the nearest Starbucks to me is about 30 miles away. Just imagine what the airfreight costs would be for a grande coffee with an extra shot out to my place. Kinda’ pricy I’d guess.

And who will do the battery changes enroute? 30 miles one way.

(just thinking out loud guys.....)

Drone delivery will work in some scenarios. Being financially feasible is still questionable in my opinion. We will see.

yes it will work for emergency medical for say someone lost in the mountains that they found but unable to get to for one reason or another . a drone could drop off meds and even soke food and fire starter , etc . but for delivery of basic items i doubt it will be profitable . unless some are willing to pay a few hundred in assocated costs

Reactions: captainmilehigh
yes it will work for emergency medical for say someone lost in the mountains that they found but unable to get to for one reason or another . a drone could drop off meds and even soke food and fire starter , etc . but for delivery of basic items i doubt it will be profitable . unless some are willing to pay a few hundred in assocated costs
Consider how many flights the drone might make in its service life, running costs will be low compared to actual vehicles. There are good margins in the products they propose to deliver and it has been demonstrated people are prepared to pay a significant premium for convenience. There is additional novelty value here also. The fact you can’t see it happening doesn’t mean it won’t. It is happening.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brianklenhart