Wrong altitude reading

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I have noticed a rather critical flaw in the p4 altitude reading.

After ascending with full throttle to 40-50 meters (according to onscreen reading) and then letting go of the stick, the P4 rather rapidly drops 10-15 meters (instead of hovering).
After this the altitude reading is wrong, ie if i take the drone down to 2 meters (according to VPS) the onscreen reading says 15-20 meters.

With a more moderate acsend speed (30-40% on the stick) this don't happen.

Has anybody else noticed this for their p4?
Do the p4p and Mavic have same issue?

Cheers!!

Reactions: rene van der meer
I've learned not to depend on the P4 altitude reading in GO. My tolerance range seems to be around 50 feet. Sometimes mine shows me flying around at -40 feet underground. It's an awful setup with all the sensors they packed into it that cannot even tell me the takeoff and same landing spot should be or show "0" feet.

Fwiw, Autologic's Autopilot by default is 15 meters or 45 feet. You can tighten it down to about 5 meters or 15 feet. Not great, but a little better than default. They've told me to do a test flight at 50' clearance and later tighten it if needed and it clears obstacles. I don't know if the P4 Pro or Inspire 2 is any better, but I hope they would be.

I'd also check and calibrate your sticks in GO too. Mine moves about a bit there too. Too bad they don't have a trim control for the sticks as with normal RC radios.

Try recalibrating everything! Mine was doing the same thing and it still reads altitude wrong but it does not descend like it did.
Good luck,
Jim
WA5TEF

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj