Wow --- what a first day as a DJI owner.

Reaction score
So I was so pumped to get my Mavic Pro bundle today. A satisfied 3dr Solo owner I made the jump for portability reasons and the DJI Rep. They have so many cool products.

I did all my updates, charged my three batteries and I was off to fly! My first few flights were amazing. Everything worked perfect. Then on my 3rd flight I was about 45' up and hit Return To Home button which I had already done with no issues in previous flights. But this time the Mavic began moving towards landing area but then just stopped, dropped all connections and literally fell out of the sky. Landed on its belly. Crushed the dome, broke a leg and three of the props.

I was in shock, and just incredibly sad of what I just witnessed. It was scary to think how it just fell out of sky. Luckily in a open park so it came straight down on a grassy area. No people around.

So I called DJI and they did a repai order so I am shipping it off Monday.

HAS ANYONE heard of or had this happen with a brand new Mavic?

Was the battery still in the Mavic when you found it? If so, was the Mavic and/or battery still powered on?

Were all of the props still attached?

Was the battery still in the Mavic when you found it? If so, was the Mavic and/or battery still powered on?

Were all of the props still attached?
3 of the 4 props were off, next to the Mavic. Battery still in, can't remember if on. I was in total disbelief and shock.

Please upload your TXT flight log here and post a link back here. You'll find instructions for locating your TXT flight log at that link.

Hate to hear this jb.
Welcome to PhantomPilots and you might want to join
DJI Mavic Drone Forum .
Hope your turn around is fast and do give msinger
that log and see just what happened.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member