Wow Phantom 3 Pro just 764 now

This has got to be hurting DJI's competition.

Reactions: dmark1867
It's hurting even DJI as sale of P4 will get affected by such huge price differentials.

Questions come to our mind: what do we gain by buying P4? Obstruction detection? Hefty price? New set of batteries? Unknown issues?

On the other side it's good for DJI to sell of inventory. We will have to ask ourselves what support these sellers are getting to sell at such a reduced price.

It's hurting even DJI as sale of P4 will get affected by such huge price differentials.

Questions come to our mind: what do we gain by buying P4? Obstruction detection? Hefty price? New set of batteries? Unknown issues?

On the other side it's good for DJI to sell of inventory. We will have to ask ourselves what support these sellers are getting to sell at such a reduced price.
Not uncommon to see the price fall when a new product comes out, but this price decrease is somewhat dramatic, roughly a 40% drop in around 4 months. It makes you wonder how much this ebay seller has in them. He has to pay listing fees, final value fees, paypal fees, shipping, etc. So you would think he got these for 650? Makes me what he gets them for and how much that they cost dji. I know that is a complicated statement because of the R&D and overhead, etc. Just rambling on here. . . . . .

Retailers can buy into warehouse stock and sell at less than margin due to low overhead. It certainly is not great for the competition but at the same time it's also not great for DJI & the P4 as sales are going to the P3 vice the P4. However, if this is a way for DJI to bring new pilots into the club, then they win in the long range as once you're in the DJI club it's very hard to find something better.

Reactions: dmark1867

I'm concerned the P3 may wind up following the P1, P2, & the FC 40 by discontinuing them at some point forcing new & old flyers to purchase the P4.

It won't be long before we see it priced at 700.
Just an educated guess here... but as soon as DJI no longer lists the P3 models for sale on it's own web site, then we may see prices lower than $700. DJI follows the shareholder model which means every quarter they most forecast and show profit. This means they must deliver a new product or price reduction. So mark your calendars for June/July for something big!

Just an educated guess here... but as soon as DJI no longer lists the P3 models for sale on it's own web site, then we may see prices lower than $700. DJI follows the shareholder model which means every quarter they most forecast and show profit. This means they must deliver a new product or price reduction. So mark your calendars for June/July for something big!
Believe it or not they still are selling the Phantom 2 on there website - Buy Phantom 2 | DJI Store

I think it's great. I got a P3A for 799 so this is an awesome deal. Makes me really excited to see the updated P4 later this year.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Or until GoPro's Karma drone comes out. . . . That could be a flop though.

Details are extremely sketchy on the Karma so I don't know what to expect. The rumor mill (which there is no shortage) is saying it is going to be an intelligent "Selfie Cam Drone" that would make the Lilly Drone look like a toy. Reports say it will be all weather & water proof, great for surfers, hikers, bikers, runners, etc. I believe the user has to wear a device, like a watch to program it. It can also use some form of either tap and go and/or point and go (like Yuncee drones) so that one can send it off somewhere to film.

If I had to speculate, I'd say there will also be some type of RC transmitter to go with it so that you could fly it like a Phantom, since that is what GoPro users are used to... maybe the controller will be a separate purchase?

Again just lots of rumours & speculation.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl