Wow, his voice though!

+1 to Wow! How do you stop this? I hate the whole cruelty to animals thing, the pollution, and the use of such toxic material being sprayed on crops, but what is the real alternative. The population has grown so big in lot's of countries now, it would be very difficult to feed everyone without mass production methods. I tried vegetarianism for a while, but didn't last long as I cannot do without bacon, it just has a hold over me, but I wish there was a more humane way to produce it. Hopefully this footage will, if shown to right people, spur those more knowledgeable than me to come up with viable solutions.

Good use of a UAV to highlight this sort of thing, well done to the pilot.

I have known this for several years now. But, I remain sickened by it.

Most cows are kept such that they can't walk or even turned around - for most of their lives. That is why you hear of free ranging meat, meaning the cows graze as God meant for cows to do.

Chicken houses are so disgusting as every square inch, even vertically, is being used. Slaughter houses are even worse. Some cows are not completely dead when they are cut up to remove their organs. There are many documentaries on this subject. One doesn't need drones to expose this. Just use a search engine, if you REALLY want to know. It really affected me and it still does.

The video seems to show the exterior of an apparently well run tidy pig farm
It is curious the activist group are trying to make it sound like storing animal waste to spread at suitable time later is somehow toxic and wrong - it's the most natural thing in the world when applied appropriately.

The rain gun shot is not applying farm slurry but some kind of dirty water run off from the yards..
The slurry from the pigs would be much thicker and is often applied with an injection process which minimises smell and nutrient loss as it's a valuable fertiliser.

Not sure about the other stock footage tagged on, keeping pigs in stalls like that has been banned in Europe for many years but US may be different, cows are not kept like that at all but propaganda films won't care much about a minor detail like being completely wrong..

PhantomFanatic said:

Most cows are kept such that they can't walk or even turned around - for most of their lives. That is why you hear of free ranging meat, meaning the cows graze as God meant for cows to do.

Chicken houses are so disgusting as every square inch, even vertically, is being used. Slaughter houses are even worse. Some cows are not completely dead when they are cut up to remove their organs. There are many documentaries on this subject. One doesn't need drones to expose this. Just use a search engine, if you REALLY want to know. It really affected me and it still does.

Ditto.

PhantomFanatic said:

I spent 3 years working at a big cattle feedlot in Nebraska and don't believe this statement to be true. By big, I mean 80k-100k head of cattle. (Cows are not raised for consumption, as cows are by definition: females that produce offspring. Steers and heifers are raised for beef.)

Beef production is an industry of very low margins. So many factors affect meat quality, which has a major effect on price. It simply would not be profitable to raise cows, or cattle, in the manner you describe.

In America, the most profitable way to produce beef is to purchase free-range steers, "finish" them for 6-12 months in a feedlot. An animal yields 63%, meaning a thousand lb steer produces 630 lbs of beef. This beef is paid for by the pound depending on how the beef is graded by the USDA inspectors: Prime, Choice, Standard, and then the lower grades. You will barely break-even if you produce only Standard grade beef and even that grade requires the cattle to be stress-free and room to move and grow.

Many of these anti-meat documentaries are as full of waste as the ponds they complain about.

So this guy has never heard of Google Satellite View?

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj