WOW- Compass Error Thread Just Deleted- What's Up?

Reaction score
A recent thread about Compass Error and how to fix or reset the compass sensor using a magnetic degausser has been deleted. The topic was gaining a lot of interest and appeared to share knowledge about some of the issues that many Phantom owners are experiencing. Now I wonder if a sensitive nerve was hit and why.

A recent thread about Compass Error and how to fix or reset the compass sensor using a magnetic degausser has been deleted. The topic was gaining a lot of interest and appeared to share knowledge about some of the issues that many Phantom owners are experiencing. Now I wonder if a sensitive nerve was hit and why.
It would have been because the post was in contravention of Rule 10 in our Community Guidelines:
10. NO SPAM! Our user base is not a resource to be "mined" by individuals, groups, or businesses, for profit or not for profit. Participants (excluding paid advertisers) may not post affiliate links or links to direct others to any pages at their own commercial website or website in which they have a commercial interest.

Reactions: FlyingCircles
I had posted in that thread. I'm guessing it might have been an issue with advertising a product?

It would have been because the post was in contravention of Rule 10 in our Community Guidelines:
10. NO SPAM! Our user base is not a resource to be "mined" by individuals, groups, or businesses, for profit or not for profit. Participants (excluding paid advertisers) may not post affiliate links or links to direct others to any pages at their own commercial website or website in which they have a commercial interest.
Thanks to the community for the prompt response on what could of happen with this topic. I would like to keep the topic alive but without any advertising or spamming or maybe start another thread that discusses the potential issues with a compass sensor needing reset via magnetic degaussing.

There's lots of info on web about degaussing magnetometers.

Colin Guinn, a former DJI associate, demoed this years ago with a simple magnet.

Reactions: FlyingCircles
Lol, jump to conclusions much?[emoji2]

Keep in mind that regardless of "why" action was taken....

9. Public discussion about moderation or moderator decisions is not allowed. If a moderator deletes or edits one of your posts and you disagree with the action, contact the moderator concerned. Do not repost deleted material.

Hi. It was my post.
Last year we decided compass problems on all of the DJI's copters, like as A2, Phantoms 1-2-3-4, Mavic, inspire.
There are a lot of effects when dji's compass is failed. Copter doesn't fly straight, "toilette bowl", and the most interesting effect is HOROZON tilt when you are turning yaw ! it is the most nasty problem ((
After 3 months of the talking with DJI's tech when our DJI s1000 was a problem of horizon tilting and there was solution from DJI, we start to learn this problem.
We know about DJI compass a lot.

if you have questions feel free to contact with me.

And sorry for my English ))

Have a good day!

I had posted in that thread. I'm guessing it might have been an issue with advertising a product?
Believe a similar thing happened to a thread some dude from the UK posted. He had scooped up a bunch of, in his words, choice drone related domain names and was now trying to sell them to the highest bidder. If it was taken down, Hats off to the moderators!

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik