would you use this for carcharging?

shane_hood said:
originakl car charger yubnits are over 100 bucks

would this do the trick?

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/60W-Car-Batt ... 44f&_uhb=1
I'm not sure I would trust this seller... I've never heard heard of a charger with a capacity ("5200 mAh"). I suppose it's possible the seller or "manufacturer" is just stupid, but either way I still wouldn't trust it.

--- edit ---

Looking closer it appears that the seller is only using the "5200mAh" mention to associate the charger with Phantom 2 smart batteries. I suppose it would work (as would any car charger that had the necessary voltage and current output with an accessory interface for the smart battery, but it could be a slow charge since it is only rated with an output of 12.x volts and 4.6A. The previous poster's suggestion of using an inverter is what I would do as well.

Well the specs for it seem right with an output of 12.6V - 4.5A. More output than the standard power outlet OEM charger which is 4.0A so should charge a little faster and less than 1C of the battery (5.2A) thus should not reduce the life of the battery. Don't know what the quality is like but purely from the output specs it seems OK.

It WILL NOT charge any faster the battery has a smart board built in that limits how much it'll charge the battery.
The stock charger is only a 12 volt power supply. Just buy a inverter and plug your dji charger into it.

Mori55 said:
It WILL NOT charge any faster the battery has a smart board built in that limits how much it'll charge the battery.
The stock charger is only a 12 volt power supply. Just buy a inverter and plug your dji charger into it.

Mori55, IT WILL CHARGE FASTER because the integrated controller does not have a current limiter!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrl