Would You Upgrage Your Compass?

Reaction score
If you had a P2 with the original compass and the deal you got had an extra leg with the new upgraded (shielded) compass, would you upgrade it?
(Just wanted to get your opinion on whether this is worth the trouble)

Thank you for your input!

Most likely the new one was either cheaper or more reliable. Unless someone actually knows the difference between the two, you won't get much more than that.

I upgraded mine and noticed no difference.

I've seen nothing to suggest the new compass is a upgrade.
DJI's only words on it are to say it's anti-static but nobody has ever heard of any static induced problem with the old one.
DJI haven't said it works any better and it's not like Phantoms with the new one fly straighter.
Hard to see how it would be worth the effort to make the change.

Thank you all for the input. I recall reading someone on here say that the compass was modified / upgraded to help with some possible issues. It would be much easier for me to not have to swap legs and just sell the new, packaged one.

While I agree there may be no benefit.

The next time I opened my quad I'd install it if I had one.

Not much effort involved IMO.

Meta4 said:
DJI's only words on it are to say it's anti-static but nobody has ever heard of any static induced problem with the old one.
While that might be true, I would think there was a reason to redesign it. Maybe it's just prettier? Who knows. It was a cheap "upgrade", so I took advantage of it just in case there is a benefit.

Andrey320 said:
If you had a P2 with the original compass and the deal you got had an extra leg with the new upgraded (shielded) compass, would you upgrade it?
(Just wanted to get your opinion on whether this is worth the trouble)

Thank you for your input!

ABSOLUTELY! Go ahead and upgrade away! As long as you are careful you have nothing to lose and everything to gain, especially if you already have the leg with new compass installed. It's just another preventative measure and I am totally in favor of all of those.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.