Would you upgrade to a new phantom, **P4**?

Will you upgrade to the new P4 when released?

• Yes I will upgrade and sell my older gear

Votes: 17 14.0%
  • Yes I will upgrade and retain my older gear

Votes: 31 25.6%
  • No I will not upgrade and retain my older gear

Votes: 64 52.9%
  • I will upgrade to a higher class model (Inspire, Spreading Wings)

Votes: 9 7.4%

• Total voters
I predict there will be NO Phantom 4.... the #4 is unlucky in Chinese culture.... there are many Chinese product lines that have skipped the #4.... so my answer is no, I will be looking for the P5. ;-)

Reactions: Mario_SB
The new Phantom 4 will debut in an Advance, Pro and Anniversary editions and will include built-in GPS tracking, an obstacle avoidance system, a new desktop app for setting up way points with live Lightbridge feed, 30 minute flight times, higher accuracy on the Vision Position System with "Hover Mode" and a smarter RTH. :p

Hence there will be an "Anniversary Edition". : )

I predict there will be NO Phantom 4.... the #4 is unlucky in Chinese culture.... there are many Chinese product lines that have skipped the #4.... so my answer is no, I will be looking for the P5. ;-)
My Chinese horoscope says I would make a great beachcomber.

Did you guys already see what Parrot introduced at CES 2016?
image.jpeg

An easy to fly, Flying wing, the Disco has one hour flight time, and travels at up to 50mph.
On a wing and prayer... Hahaha
Not my style, but for some, it is apparently crash proof.
Polly want a Drone?... ;-)

RedHotPoker

Last edited:
Did you guys already see what Parrot introduced at CES 2016?
View attachment 40197
An easy to fly, Flying wing, the Disco has one hour flight time, and travels at to 50mph.
On a wing and prayer... Hahaha
Not my style, but for some, it is apparently crash proof.
Polly want a Drone?... ;-)

RedHotPoker
Looks nice, but safe ?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

I bought my p3p the 25th of november for 2,700.00 in quebec canada and din't flew much with it it will all depend on the deal they will offer
I surely won't buy another one if the parts I have for the p3p won't fit the new model ex: the 3 batteries, the filters, the windsurfer, the samsung Tab4 8 inches and +
so if the parts fits on the new model I may think about it if not i will use the p3p for at least a little while before investing in a new model

I'd have to consider things carefully. But I would probably upgrade within a few months of release (would give a bit of time to get the new-tech bugs shaken out). Unless the price goes up dramatically it would not be an issue to buy another.

Hello All,

I am a proud owner of a Phantom 3 Adv and have been for the last several months, It has been an amazing device and was well worth it when I purchased it towards the end of last year. With the CES conference just passed and no new developments/releases (except for P34K) from DJI, to me it looks like a new phantom maybe on the near of being released as of the exceptionally low store prices....

I am just going to ask what your guys thoughts are on when the new device comes out, wether it be next week or in several months time.

What is your plan for you upgrading?

Will you? - Sell the P3 then purchase the newer model?
- Keep your P3 and purchase the newer model?
- Or just not upgrade at all?

This thread is open to all discussion on this topic, feel free to express your opinion

Thanks

Liam
My answer will probably be in the minority here.. but I would purchase the Highest Version of the P4 model and also keep the P3Pro as a backup system.
As in photography, I don't have just one camera, if one goes wonky, then I have another ready to go... 2 is 1 and 1 is None... I'd get the P4 without hesitation. I don't like the larger physical aspects of the Inspire series, so the P4 would hopefully still fit current P3P cases and appear physically the same.
Buy the P4 AND Keep the P3P.. that's my vote :)

I decided to go a whole new direction just before the New Year & am actually going back to my roots. What I want to be doing, more 3D flying, and less cruising for pics and video. ;-)
Flying this awesome camera platform is nice, but it also distracts me from my other photography, where my Nikon D800 is concerned...,
The Phantom 3 Pro' of mine is great, for what it is, and I am grateful mine as been trouble and blemish free.
It just lacks some maneuvers & moves I enjoy... ;-)
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

RedHotPoker
In my case, the Phantom 3 Professional is for photography and video... so, the speed and fancy footwork are not so important as is stability in flight, accurate control and steady motions, all of which serve for better video sequences... speedy aerobatics I personally feel are for a completely different category of quad as you demonstrate. How Fast and How Far and How High a system can go are all secondary to spot on control.

I had the P2 Vision + but could never build confidence in the platform due to video dropping and various wifi related problems etc. Only used it for holidays, as too unreliable for recreational use.

The P3P that I now have I have tremendous confidence in. The capabilities, camera, lightbridge and the app had moved leaps and bounds from P2. Things like obstacle avoidance dont really interest me, 2-3km is far enough for my purposes, so I cant see any real reason for me investing in a new version.

Suspect new stuff will be focused more on nanny features and camera upgrades...

YMMV...

Suspect new stuff will be focused more on nanny features and camera upgrades
A removable camera (like the Inspire 1) might be nice. Then, we could attach new types of cameras -- like a thermal imaging camera.

Reactions: sticky photography
A removable camera (like the Inspire 1) might be nice. Then, we could attach new types of cameras -- like a thermal imaging camera.
The thermal camera looks SOO COOL! I'm just surprised the fear-mongering media hasn't thrown a fit about it yet.

Sent from my iPod touch using PhantomPilots mobile app

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers