Would you swap a P3P for P4 if it was a free upgrade?

Am I the only one that would think that I would get the free upgrade to the P4? The retail value is almost double that of a P3P. If you already sunk a lot of money into the P3P with batteries and such, then just sell off the new P4 and get another P3P at discount rates.

Reactions: Apilot101
i get not paying for a new one and not upgrading if you have already invested a ton but if you have to chose between a free P3P and a free P4 then i dont think anyone would choose the P4 unless they care a ton about range
also, the P4 is DEFINITELY a lot more durable
How do you define durable, it is only out for few months.

Back to the original question, no one seems to have mentioned the collision avoidance in the P4 - that alone has saved me on one of my early flights when I mis-judged the distance of a tree, and confirmed by a spectator who was near the tree (about 500m away from me) who was really impressed by the way I 'flew at speed to the tree and 'parked' my drone in the sky next to it'. - I didnt feel like telling him that it was actuallly the drone itself that parked while my controller beeped the warning as if to say 'you bafoon - im not going to let you destroy me on the second or so flight!

That alone in my books saved the day for me...

I bet this one is only good for showboating and haven't logged any real races. Too many useless plastics weighting down the quad, the camera points to the wrong angles, the motors are not rated for racing.
Perhaps Fly one and then you will find out. ;-)
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I bet you could watch this video with your eyes both closed. And still enjoy it immensely... ;-)

RedHotPoker

Last edited:
Perhaps Fly one and then you will find out. ;-)

I bet you could watch this video with your eyes both closed. And still enjoy it immensely... ;-)

RedHotPoker
why would I waste my resource on this piece.I made my own racer with red bottom motors paired with race grade esc on custom cut CF airframe. With trip blade and graphene 4s battery, I have 16:1 thrust ratio.

Sounds like it might break the sound barrier? Hahaha
Looking forward to your pics and even some fine 4K video from you, flying it... ;-)
Does it fly like this, real fast? ;-)

RedHotPoker

Last edited:
go for the p4 if it is free, which i am sure it is not
i have the p4 and i can tell you it seems much faster, better looking, and more than the p3p

"much faster, better looking, and more" Now who can argue with that? Just kidding. :)

why would I waste my resource on this piece.I made my own racer with red bottom motors paired with race grade esc on custom cut CF airframe. With trip blade and graphene 4s battery, I have 16:1 thrust ratio.
Same reason you probably bought a Phantom instead of an Inspire or a S1000.

Reactions: RedHotPoker
I bought a Heli-Max Voltage 500 3D quad for my drone hyper speed pleasures. Hahaha
That should keep me in wicked smiles and boisterous chuckles for some time to come... Ha

RedHotPoker

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31