Would you swap a P3P for P4 if it was a free upgrade?

you do know that the p3p doesnt have a longer flight time, right?
Not necessarily. If you fly at 100% throttle, the P3P certainly does have longer flight time, compared to the P4 with OAS off. The P4 is much more sensitive to the throttle percentage, and eats batteries at 100% throttle. I got 12 minutes from 100% to 10% battery remaining on the P4 with OAS off in ATTI at 100% throttle. I get 15-17 minutes off my P3P flying the exact same way. On the P4, with OAS on, limiting speed to 22 mph, I have managed up to 25 minutes, but that is too slow for my normal type of flying. YMMV. My solution is a P4 battery mod to the aircraft, while the solution to the lousy stock controller range is a transmitter mod. Problems solved! :cool:

Last edited:
I am afraid that you may have to send it in for warranty repair. There isn't any self serviceable parts in the RC that I know of. Sorry for the inconvenience. But it is the only way, unless you wish to buy a second controller.

RedHotPoker
Buy a $99 HDMI board, which comes with a brand new USB port! 10 minute self-serviceable RC part. :cool:

There you go, twice the replacement piece and also obviously twice the fun... Hahaha
I had completely went blank, and forgot about that sweet little component add on. Yes.

RedHotPoker

Reactions: GadgetGuy
Hahaha, yeah hey? There has got to be more areas/avenues to explore now that we have this growing bug within us. ;-)
We might as well just go for it... Ha
There are so many ways for us to use stylization and personalize them.

RedHotPoker

Last edited:
To answer the original title of this thread as to whether I would swap my P3P for a P4 for free, well, of course. As long as the trade included an even swap for all of my P3 gear for the same for a P4, why would anyone turn it down? Just to swap birds without all the extras would be a different story, this is why so many didn't jump for the upgrade due to their investment in all the extras. I'm in no rush, I've got my Inspire Pro along with my P3P, I'm always looking for a great deal, waiting it out will undoubtedly benefit me along with all the others waiting on the sidelines.

well yes, but i was talking about hovering (hence "side by side")
Understood, but overall, the P4 is far more variable than the P3. The hover test is, indeed, probably the best way to compare them, and there is little difference, instead of 21% more (28 v. 23 in the rated specs).

Free P4 you say! That would be my choice. Slight longer flight time, if you look at hover tests what impresses me most is not the longer hover but the stability of the P4. Compared to P3 or a typhoon h the P4 is way way more stable. Better built, and do you really need to fly miles away all the time. Slap a set of windsurfers on a 4 and you will fly 3 miles with a stock rc.

what do you mean?
The P4 is far more variable than the P3 in terms of the vast range of duration of P4 flight times possible, depending upon exactly how you fly. A low of 12 minutes in full throttle ATTI, to a high of 25 minutes in P mode with OAS on, without ever even touching Sport Mode, starting at 100%, and ending at 10%, on the same new P4 battery. You can burn it or nurse it.

You can burn the battery in just 12 minutes or nurse the battery to a full 25 minutes. The P4 flight time without a battery mod is totally dependent upon how you fly.
oh... okay
i have been trying really hard to find a battery mod but cant, so do you know of any?

Only way Id purchase a P4 is if I could get it with 1.4 FW or older. Till then Ill keep my P3 Pro, and purchase something else for fun like what RedHot stated earlier.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl