Would you swap a P3P for P4 if it was a free upgrade?

Lightly used GL300A P3P controllers are under $200 in the classifieds on this forum. You'll want one of them anyway for a P4. Much better control range than the stock GL300C P4 controller. Then decide.

Ahh so that is why the range isnt so good on a P4?
I was just going to swap my controller but all the shop has are the GL300C. Rather than that I was going to get a P4 but if that comes with the C as well I don't know what to do!

that's frigging awesome
I know hey? Hahaha It's like nothing I have seen before, in its class. ;-)
Need to wear khaki camo while piloting this... Haha

RedHotPoker

Ahh so that is why the range isnt so good on a P4?
I was just going to swap my controller but all the shop has are the GL300C. Rather than that I was going to get a P4 but if that comes with the C as well I don't know what to do!
Get a used GL300A controller for your P3P, use it on your P3P, and then, later, when you are ready to buy a P4, use the same GL300A controller on both birds!

I just thought the military green, its specs and graphics were cool. Plus it's RTF. Charge and go. ;-)
I am already in the middle a build.

RedHotPoker

I have too much invested in my P3P but if it was a free upgrade -- sure why not! That said, I do not think it's worth upgrading to a P4. I hope DJI can introduce a bigger camera sensor into their next series of Phantoms. That would be a worthwhile upgrade for me. :)

I'd stick with the p3p guaranteed longer flight time

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

If your USB port is gone why not just replace the USB panel with a replacement?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Get a used GL300A controller for your P3P, use it on your P3P, and then, later, when you are ready to buy a P4, use the same GL300A controller on both birds!

What about the B? Some people say the USB port is a problem on the A which ties in with what I have just experienced.
Working fine one minute then dead th next - no warning at all. I could fly the bird no problem just can't see what is going on or battery life or anything!

If your USB port is gone why not just replace the USB panel with a replacement?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app
The $99 HDMI module includes a new USB port, and is also a nice upgrade.

What about the B? Some people say the USB port is a problem on the A which ties in with what I have just experienced.
Working fine one minute then dead th next - no warning at all. I could fly the bird no problem just can't see what is going on or battery life or anything!
GL300B has the same power for control as the GL300A. Never had a problem on the USB port on the GL300A. It's more likely the tablet cable, but who knows! The $99 HDMI board comes with a brand new USB port and can be installed on all the GL300 models (might not yet work with the P4 though, which may require a different newer one that should work with all, once released).

GL300B has the same power for control as the GL300A. Never had a problem on the USB port on the GL300A. It's more likely the tablet cable, but who knows! The $99 HDMI board comes with a brand new USB port and can be installed on all the GL300 models (might not yet work with the P4 though, which may require a different newer one that should work with all, once released).

I have tried 2 cables and 2 different devices!
Someone else just suggested the HDMI port - could be the solution.

I know hey? Hahaha It's like nothing I have seen before, in its class. ;-)
Need to wear khaki camo while piloting this... Haha

RedHotPoker

Buying one pre-made is so 90's... build your own!! (just finished it last week..) Maybe not as cool looking, but nothing beats the feeling of crashing something that YOU built... lol...

IMG_0805.JPG

Buying one pre-made is so 90's... build your own!! (just finished it last week..) Maybe not as cool looking, but nothing beats the feeling of crashing something that YOU built... lol...

View attachment 54065
Sweet. I bet it can fly like a canary... Hahaha
What size batteries are you flying that with?
Yes, I think one of these may be flying in my next direction...
So yeah, www.droneology.ca are here at WEM, & are building an indoor drone racing course...

RedHotPoker

Last edited:
I am afraid that you may have to send it in for warranty repair. There isn't any self serviceable parts in the RC that I know of. Sorry for the inconvenience. But it is the only way, unless you wish to buy a second controller.

RedHotPoker

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj