Would you like to know battery state, other info?

Reaction score
I had an FC40 and have since moved on to other toys. I do miss the FC40 but it is just an emotional attachment as that was my first real woman, I mean quadcopter, and she got to me, I mean I love flying cause it is so darn easy, everything else I ever tried I would break the wings off on my first flight. But back to the reason for the topic.

I built according the this viewtopic.php?f=20&t=13890 and it all works great. Other then putting it on the dash of my car (it works great and tells me where I am, but I can tell that by looking out the windows of the car) I guess I could do a google road view camera thingy.

What is included is ardrone system with cameras and a gps module, no special antennas or wifi extenders with this mod, just the ARDrone boards, cameras and gps. I will include or make the necessary cables to provide power per your needs.

If someone was interested in getting a complete, working telemetry system for the FC40, including velcro straps to attach to frame. Everything to transmit a fpv and telemetry to your phone using. You will have to turn off the FC40 camera wifi and use the FC40 camera as a recording always camera and use my cameras for your fpv.

Here is a picture of what I can see in the way of telemetry from this mod.

Attachments

• 20140629_105730.jpeg
    20140629_105730.jpeg
    77.2 KB · Views: 604
Not sell it so much as to share what I have done with another FC40 owner, I am not going to give it away, but I am not looking to make any kind of profit, just share a completed project that should be being used instead of sitting on my desk. My FC40 is long gone but I got a few of these mods and I thought that someone who was reading the FC40 forum might find this to be of interest just as I did.

Check out how this looks on my phone, with location showing. Isn't that cool see the battery at 85%, what fc40 pilot doesn't want to know that info. It took some doing to get this working and if I was going to make a profit, I would have to share it with other folks here. So no profit, just what I have into it as has been previously posted here. Or maybe a trade of some kind. In the attached photo the tracking a telemetry info you see is from the mod sitting by itself on top of a homer bucket. Powered by an ardrone battery. But when mounted on an FC40 this can be powered by the onboard battery and I will include the power plug needed. Hey, you are looking for fpv, this does it and at the correct freq. Athough you have to turn your FC40 camera into just a recording device and no wifi. Selling this through the classified section is a thought. If someone wants this I would include the velcro to attach it and the stand that comes in the ARdrone as an option to mount the mod

Attachments

• KINDLE_CAMERA_1406980248000 (1).jpg
    KINDLE_CAMERA_1406980248000 (1).jpg
    259 KB · Views: 558

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4