Would you launch while still having one red blink?

Reaction score
I find that when I am shooting video in some river valleys that it is impossible to get down to zero red blinks. I do get the 16 greens saying that home location has been recorded. In these cases I have launched the Phantom and get all green after I gain some altitude (about 30 feet.) I am hesitant to launch over whitewater in this case especially after adding the new GoPro Hero3+.
Sometimes I have been able to clear the last red light if I climb up on a big rock in the river but I am concerned that having that place as my "return to home" location would be risky. If the quad is off by a few feet, I could not grab it and it would fall in the river in BIG water where it would be carried away quickly.

...The only time I've flown, from take off, with one red light, was the day I had a flyaway :|

It took off, gave a red flash, went off on its own sideways....Took 3 weeks and another Phantom to find it.

I have flown reluctantly with one or two reds, but have found it went to full sats after rising 100 feet. Use atti at the start and then switch when you see all green.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj