Would you fly?

Thats better than licking your finger and sticking it up in the air.... what has almost brought me unstuck on several occasions is how much higher the wind speed can be when you uncrease in altitude.

That's definitely true. I use mine as a rough guide only. If it feels windy I use it to check speeds and especially gusts. If it's gusting above 15 or so, then I would be less inclined to fly. I generally double mph at altitude.

I've also found that I usually overestimate wind speed when I just guess versus using a wind meter.

Personally Yes no worries, just bare in mind that wind speed varies with altitude and terrain, if you keep that in mind should be no problem, one last thing I would always fly against the wind on the outbound journey, so that when you need to come back the wind will assist and not drain the batteries as much.

This... fly against the wind going out so... You can get it back. There is a video of a guy who flies his way... way out. Then crashes it trying to get it back. Google is your friend on wind lessons. I'm pretty new so I don't like to fly it in the wind at all. I like it right around 8-10 no more for the time being.

This... fly against the wind going out so... You can get it back. There is a video of a guy who flies his way... way out. Then crashes it trying to get it back. Google is your friend on wind lessons. I'm pretty new so I don't like to fly it in the wind at all. I like it right around 8-10 no more for the time being.

I'm not suggesting he flies in the level of wind that he mentioned, what I'm saying is to be aware of wind direction.

Once you have the necessary control experience, then I'm saying that if you intend to fly a long way out, be aware of wind direction, such that on the first part of the flight, if possible (Dependant on wind direction and your intended flight path), fly into the wind, so that on the return journey if the battery is somewhat depleted you are not fighting the wind to get home,,, Common sense yes.?
Waylander

Reactions: t2adze

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrl