Would you fly?

Reaction score
On 10 meter altitude?

Attachments

• 1452076217776.jpg
    1452076217776.jpg
    37.5 KB · Views: 602
Hi t2adze

Your joking right... Wind Speed 59 Km/Hr gusts of 79, you might get her up but it wont be fun and you might not get her back, (my opinion only) I never fly above 20Km/hr

59Km/Hr is faster than the top speed of the Bird, so you depending on which direction you fly you could be trying to get home into a head wind faster than the Phanton can fly..up to you my friend :)

Waylander

Last edited:
I thought so too. But thought that low altitude will be fine. But when i had trouble even opening the car door i understood that patience is a precious thing :)

Reactions: Waylander
Hi t2adze

Your joking right... Wind Speed 59 Km/Hr gusts of 79, you might get her up but it wont be fun and you might not get her back, (my opinion only) I never fly above 20Km/hr

59Km/Hr is faster than the top speed of the Bird, so you depending on which direction you fly you could be trying to get home into a head wind faster than the Phanton can fly..up to you my friend :)

Waylander
Are this kind of gusts dangerous?

Attachments

• 1452078661443.jpg
    1452078661443.jpg
    37.1 KB · Views: 410
Gusts of 79Km/Hr is nearly 50 Mph, I would say that gusts upto that speed would not necessarily be bad for you, but would be disastrous to the Phantom if it was in the air..
:-(

Reactions: t2adze
On 10 meter altitude?
If the forecast winds are close to what winds you actually get, it would be obvious to most people that flying wouldn't be an option.
It may be that the forecast doesn't accurately show the winds in your locality or that you have a sheltered location.
But if you do attempt to launch in 60-80 km/hr winds, you'd stand a good chance of crashing on launching.
And if you could launch, the Phantom can only manage 35 km/h so it would go backwards whichever direction you pointed it and just get further away with no chance of returning.
In those circumstances, you'd have to land and with that much wind, you'd also be looking at a crash.
All up ... not a good idea.

I see.
What about website called UAV forecast. Its not very correct right? It shows me 2ms wind now at the same place.. ://

Hi t2adze

Dont know your location, i'm in the UK I use the Met office app for wind speed etc, have always found it to be good..

I've flown a Phantom in 20 - 25knts, that's about 28mph max.
I wouldn't fly in anymore but as long as you stay upwind you should be fine.

However, 50mph where you are is way too much, id be out windsurfing instead! :)

Hi t2adze

Dont know your location, i'm in the UK I use the Met office app for wind speed etc, have always found it to be good..
i think accuweather stays the best for me. Just it dissapoints me so much that january seems to be all windy :(
What do you do when weather is not your friend? Fly indoor? Where ?

I've flown a Phantom in 20 - 25knts, that's about 28mph max.
I wouldn't fly in anymore but as long as you stay upwind you should be fine.

However, 50mph where you are is way too much, id be out windsurfing instead! :)

Sorry SBG I think you will find that 25 Km/Hr wind speed is about 15.53 Mph... :)

i think accuweather stays the best for me. Just it dissapoints me so much that january seems to be all windy :(
What do you do when weather is not your friend? Fly indoor? Where ?

Get a Hubsan H107D, X4 (£80.00 pounds sterling) it has FPV capability, and is great for flying indoors, and tests your skill with atti mode flying

I said 25 knts as in nautical miles per hour, the same reading they use on boats and commercial airplanes, not km/hr :)

Sorry again my friend 25 Km/Hr = 13.50 Knots (nautical miles per hour)

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik