Would you call this a windy day? :)

Accuracy and reliability are essential. Add up the prices of the crappy ones you'll go through when buying the cheaper ones and you arrive at something that works at it should.

That's what I did until I got the Vaavud devices.
Love the companion app which keeps a log with geolocation and a time-stamp.

Reactions: deltalimatango
Maybe I'm the odd ball and won't spend cash on an Anamometer. If it's too windy I just don't bother flying

It doesn't.
I would love to see DJI build a solution right into the craft though and make the data avail right in the DJI Go app.

Say the wind is blowing at a certain speed where you are, does it mean the wind is blowing with the same intensity 300 feet higher? Sometimes yes, others no: it depends on how the mass of air is moving between areas with different air pressure.

Reactions: Heff
It doesn't.
I would love to see DJI build a solution right into the craft though and make the data avail right in the DJI Go app.

Say the wind is blowing at a certain speed where you are, does it mean the wind is blowing with the same intensity 300 feet higher? Sometimes yes, others no: it depends on how the mass of air is moving between areas with different air pressure.

Thank you

Ahh, right, I was confused as you replied to my post re the WM-2, which IS $85?
Yep that's a good price; it's £6.93 on GearBest today which, having checked my order is actually what I paid too.
Incidentally, which cup unit do you have Wibble?

Had a scare just yesterday here in Devon. I was showing my in law the P3A and could tell it was ' on the windy side' on a hilltop. I sent it up and the wind immediately took it out and away from launch. Best thing I found was to gain height away from all trees etc and then try a return. It couldn't fight the wind and was drifting away so I took a deep breath, realigned the drone using the red triangle and slowly edge forward until I got it above me. Never been so glad to get my hands on it!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
argues