Would this FPV set up work with the new phantom 2?

Reaction score
Hello guys!! Great to find this wonderful forum!!

I am a total noob to the RC world but an avid fan of film and photography. I found the Phantom by accident a few weeks back while browsing "GoPro" videos on Youtube and instantly fell in love. Ive been studying up on the various models and trying to find the one that fits me the best... but had a quick couple questions about the new model.

I found this FPV set up ( http://www.ebay.com/itm/181281080497?ss ... 1423.l2649 ) on ebay and noticed it is being mounted on the older phantom version in its video tutorial. My question is... with the new layout and wiring of the Phantom 2 , will this FPV still work?

Also...i am NOT a handy guy...the mere thought of soldering anything , or even taking the lid off the phantom scares me into second guessing the hobby... is adding this FPV to my Phantom an intrucive procedure? or can it all be done fairly easily (plug and play)?

Also- why is the folks at DSLRPros so against the new Phantom 2 model? Are their glitches i should be afraid of?

Thanks so much in advance everyone!!

cc

I don't see any reason why that FPV setup wouldn't work. It's completely self contained and has it's own battery so all you need to do is find somewhere to mount it all. No soldering at all.

someone in the classified is selling a kumba cam setup in his kit. I know someone asked him about parting out his kit for the gimbal, perhaps if you want to buy the kumba cam he can then find someone to buy the phantom and be able to sell it parted faster than whole. check with him first. he can also give you a review of the product.

Thanks so much for the info guys!! im actually still a couple months off from having the money i need so i probably wouldnt be much help in that situation.

Love this forum!! Thanks again!

cc

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.