Would this be a repair or replace?

Reaction score
I have the option to send back to DJI. My concern is I do not want a repair but a replacement. There are sensor issues ( IMU , Compass) as well according to the log.

QUESTION IS: in your opinion or your experience, do you think this would be a replacement?
Phantom Log Viewer - PhantomHelp.com

Attachments

• IMG_1930.jpg
    IMG_1930.jpg
    946 KB · Views: 381
  • IMG_1929.jpg
    IMG_1929.jpg
    940 KB · Views: 331
Only had to look at the first picture. Absolutely a replacement. No question about it. There is no way to effectively repair something like that.. and even if there were.. it's not at all cost effective for DJI to attempt a repair. New shell is a given.

Reactions: jsposito
Only had to look at the first picture. Absolutely a replacement. No question about it. There is no way to effectively repair something like that.. and even if there were.. it's not at all cost effective for DJI to attempt a repair. New shell is a given.

Yarome, they will not charge me for a replacement will they? I only ask because a fellow flier sent his mavic in for repair, dji said it was too damaged to repair and they offered him a replacement - which he took, but paid for the drone.

What am I not getting here?

I bought mine on 3/17 if that's sigificant and I did not purchase insane amount $ coverage.

Thanks!!

I would send it in ( DJI) in my opinion you should receive a free replacement phantom what do you gotta lose ?
Not only is something wrong with the inside the outside looks like a write off ,
Clear case of warranty for a faulty product

Reactions: jsposito
I bought mine on 3/17 if that's sigificant !

Highly significant. You're under the basic warranty (providing original proof of purchase) and from what you have posted it is without a doubt a manufacturers issue and will undoubtedly be covered. New shell and all... but may take a significant chunk out of your spring flying. Not much of a way around that.. I hate to say.

You're good though and shouldn't have any out of pocket.

It won't make up for your lost Spring flights but it shouldn't sting your piggy bank.

So you want a brand new AC rather than a repaired one? You won't get that choice. It's quicker for you and them to send a repaired drone from stock and perhaps new one if none are available than to repair and return what you send. I'm surprised they are accepting as covered by warranty prior to receiving the smashed AC for assessment.

Highly significant. You're under the basic warranty (providing original proof of purchase) and from what you have posted it is without a doubt a manufacturers issue and will undoubtedly be covered. New shell and all... but may take a significant chunk out of your spring flying. Not much of a way around that.. I hate to say.

You're good though and shouldn't have any out of pocket.

It won't make up for your lost Spring flights but it shouldn't sting your piggy bank.
Thank God...going thru drone withdrawal now, about 3 weeks to go roughly lol

So you want a brand new AC rather than a repaired one? You won't get that choice. It's quicker for you and them to send a repaired drone from stock and perhaps new one if none are available than to repair and return what you send. I'm surprised they are accepting as covered by warranty prior to receiving the smashed AC for assessment.

I'm not so sure that the repairs, especially ones with fairly major repairs that the drone still comes back with some sort of issues new or otherwise. But, a refurbished one is acceptable to me.

Yes they accepted but I also uploaded my flight log while creating my case.

...going thru drone withdrawal now

That really IS the worst of it all. I feel for you. Perfect flying weather in the spring and it's difficult to know what to do with your hands. You're not alone... ya drone junkie. LOL :D

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic