Would someone explain 'Find my Phantom 2 Vision' please?

Reaction score
I cannot recall ever seeing a gps track of where I have flown in 'find my phantom' under settings of vision phone app. Yet I have seen on here at least one running map showing their whole flight, from take off, across the river, then plunge into the river. The couple times I have looked at it while flying, it seemed to just show a static snapshot of location on a gps satellite image, no motion, no track, no log.

I tried to experiment with it today but, I know, before you say it, in my world physics doesn't jive, it is too cloudy, too many trees, and snowing, so I cannot get 6 sats to try it again.

I would like to know if it indeed shows a full flight track or not. Do we need to buy another logger tracking something program to make that happen maybe?

Thank you.

:D
Find my Phantom Vision only shows a single location of the bird.

There is an app that tracks the flight or Flytrex live that will do what you want.

MHL

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    141.7 KB · Views: 560
yorlik said:
I would like to know if it indeed shows a full flight track or not. Do we need to buy another logger tracking something program to make that happen maybe?
No need to keep asking. Just read the answers you've already been given the other times you asked.
viewtopic.php?f=27&t=35170&p=326599#p326599
viewtopic.php?f=27&t=35366#p326736

yorlik said:
I tried to experiment with it today but, I know, before you say it, in my world physics doesn't jive, it is too cloudy, too many trees, and snowing, so I cannot get 6 sats to try it again.
You'll fly better if you fix the sat reception problem that your Phantom.
Any satellite reception issues you have are not related to weather.
A defect in your Phantom is a much more likely explanation rather than the normal laws of physics not working for you.

If you have an earlier version of the P2V+ this could be your solution ..
viewtopic.php?f=27&t=31054
If it's the latest version, it has a problem.

The app you are talking about that shows you the path that your Phantom takes is a completely different app than the DJI Vision app. It is aftermarket and you need to buy it. It is cheap, 8 bucks or so, and from what I have seen the one time I used it is that it is well worth it. Cant get my video to play from it but I think thats an issue with my settings or something.

The find my Phantom is a map of the last known location of the Phantom. As long as the unit has power it will give its last known location on the map. It has worked for me on two occasions when my bird self landed due to the battery going bad. Once in a neighbors yard and another time in the deep woods. Was able to walk right up to it using the find my Phantom. I think but I'm not sure if you lose signal the find my Phantom will only show its last location where you had a good signal. It may not be reliable in that situation. Some one else may know if it still is able to track with no signal returning the info to you.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20