Would P3 4k transmitter work with the P3 Standard

Reaction score
I was curious about this because I saw that the Phantom 3 4k doesn't use light bridge but it used wifi like the Phantom 3 standard. They both communicate video with 2.4 ghz and controls with 5.8 ghz so I thought the p3 4k's transmitter would work with the p3 standard.

No. I tried it and it does not work.

Why does the 4k use the upgraded remote anyway if no lightbridge? Just curious

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Why does the 4k use the upgraded remote anyway if no lightbridge?
Solely for the build quality and extra functions on the outside. The internals are not the same as the P3A/P3P since it uses Wi-Fi.

Solely for the build quality and extra functions on the outside. The internals are not the same as the P3A/P3P since it uses Wi-Fi.

I just bought a p3 professional/4K & it does not use Wi-Fi, it doesn't show-up on my cellphone (Apple 6) as to sending a signal. I am directly connected from the phone to the RC transmitter via my USB cable provided by Apple.

I got this on 8/12/16 & I finally worked out all the bugs in the firmware upgrade & flew it for the first time today (8/23/16) Compass problems/IMU errors/.

Off subject:

What program or app do I need to read the "SRT" extension files that are created after each video on the SD Card?

I have been flying helicopters/planes since 1996, & this first flight was a piece of cake! Now to tackle the advanced features...

Kurt

I just bought a p3 professional/4K & it does not use Wi-Fi, it doesn't show-up on my cellphone (Apple 6) as to sending a signal. I am directly connected from the phone to the RC transmitter via my USB cable provided by Apple.
Are you saying you bought a P3P or a P34K? If you mean a P3P, then you're correct -- it uses Lightbridge.

Are you saying you bought a P3P or a P34K? If you mean a P3P, then you're correct -- it uses Lightbridge.

I am saying it was advertised as being a p3P4K as in p3 professional with 4K.

Kurt

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.