Would FC40 electronics fit in a Flame Wheel 450 frame?

Reaction score
Could one put all of the FC40 innards in a Flame Wheel 450 frame? Each arm on a 450 is a little over an inch longer and it can use 10" propellers. It would seem that it would be more stable. I guess the big question is "Would the motors fit?"

The wires to the motors may have to be extended a bit, but that would be no problem.

Yes, in fact some of the components in the original Phantoms (such as the 2212 motors and the NAZA) were shared with the 450/550 ATF kits DJI sold/sells.

You won't need the mainboard from the Phantom, but you would have to get a PMU in its place. You will also need to figure out a way to mount the compass and the LED board. You can always replace the LED with a standard NAZA LED for $10 or so, but replacing the compass means getting a pricier NAZA v2 GPS puck.

The ESC's can be tricky too, and while the Phantom's would work you might not want to put the exposed boards out on the arms as is normally done with a 450.

It sounds like too much work! Thanks. I'll mark that one off of my possible future projects list.

I was hoping it would be a direct swap, from one frame to the other.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers