Worth it?

Reaction score
I am looking at getting a Phantom 2 and I am really trying to decide how much to spend up front. Part of me says to get it all now and that way I can have someone else assemble/test it. The other part of me says that gopro will release something in the next year or so that makes me wish I hadn't spent an extra $550.

At anyrate do you feel $1400 is a fair price for the below? Any items on here that I would be better served to skip and get something else?

DJI Phantom 2 Pro

Phantom 2:
Phantom 2, Qty: 1, Price: $679.00
Gimbal:

Zenmuse H3-2D (Special sale price only when purchased with Phantom 2) ($190.00)

Video Downlink:

DJI 5.8 Ghz Kit includes Tx, Rx, and antennaes ($209.00)
DJI iOSD Mini for flight telemetry ($69.00)
7" LCD FPV Monitor with Radio Mount, Sunshade and Battery (requires soldering) ($139.00)

Thanks for the help!

Extra Props :

1CW + 1CCW ($15.00)

ATI Install Fee:

Select this option if you would like us to install and flight test your chosen components ($99.00)

FPV will definitely help if you fly more than 150-200m away, since your Phantom will only be a dot in the sky in that distance; BUT they'll be additional things to master before you can take advantage of them.

I think OSD is critical when you fly FPV, since you can't even see visual cues of battery status when you're away and the OSD will enable you to do so, show your distance from home point, it'll mark where your home point is, etc...

I guess the price is fair, since almost all DJI items are still selling at MSRP so far. A testament to the constant demand by the customers and also their ability to maintain good control of their distribution channel. (Unfortunately their support channel is not quite as good yet, but there are indications that HQ is taking notice and making steps to improve them).

Now, the important part... how good is this dealer's service? Do they offer any extended guarantee after you pay them $99 to setup and test the components that they install?

If you can depend on them for aftermarket support, then that's one less worry because dealing with DJI HQ is currently a b*tch.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BoguSlav