Worth buying?

Reaction score
For those of you that have crashed or landed hard and damaged your camera and/or gimbal, do you think these would have made a difference?
Retention Pins for Camera

Stock pins are good enough. You can buy additional thru Amazon.

Mechanics wire. $5 for a 25ft roll. Many uses. Bends as easy as a twist tie but 4 times stronger. But one question. Are we sure the original pins aren't purposely designed to break away? To limit damage to the support?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Mechanics wire. $5 for a 25ft roll. Many uses. Bends as easy as a twist tie but 4 times stronger. But one question. Are we sure the original pins aren't purposely designed to break away? To limit damage to the support?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app
The problem is they dont break away and I think this leads to a bigger shock to the camera, resulting in a snapped yaw arm and torn ribbon cable

The problem is they dont break away and I think this leads to a bigger shock to the camera, resulting in a snapped yaw arm and torn ribbon cable

Seems to me they need a better design. Or stronger..more durable components. But I guess it's spot on when it comes to price point.

Yeah, I guess zip ties do make sense but man, c'mon DJI. $1000 drone and they can't come up with anything better than that? A plastic toothpick? Sheesh.

Yeah, I guess zip ties do make sense but man, c'mon DJI. $1000 drone and they can't come up with anything better than that? A plastic toothpick? Sheesh.
When you've been using dji products for years you dont get surprised anymore

Yeah, I bet! I guess weight's a factor as well.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20