Worst horror stories of Phantom injuries

Reactions: J Dot
I'm lost here, guys!
You telling me that sequence still works on p3 and 4
:) Was messing with ya ray as that was a old post you quoted ;)

Reactions: J Dot
image.jpeg image.jpeg

Last edited:
View attachment 59936 View attachment 59937 Tried a hand capture shut down landing like I've done tens of time. Motors didnt shut off for some reason, so I tried the emergency motor shut off, but for the P4 for that protocol had changed from both sticks in to left stick in and press RTH. In the 3 seconds it took me to remember that, my drone flipped cut my arm hands legs and fingers badly. I was the first drone attack accident at my local ER. Cuts & bruises and nothing is broken, but that thing sure gives a bite. Be very careful around children and animals and I don't recommend hand capture.
That's the reason I fear all rc equipment ! I fly 90 size Helis and 1/5 scale trucks along with the quad copters and treat them all like guns. Hope you heal up from that one.

That's some skynet stuff right there. Sorry to see and hear about that.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

how to descend?

I nabbed these pics from another forum post about hand catching.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app
how to descend?

Yep those pics make a bloody statement - literally. I don't know why it flipped towards me when hand catching, I could be at fault I could've hit the stick and flew it into myself as a struggled to try to get the motors to shut down - I don't know. It was a good lesson for me - I will treat it as a flying lawnmower from now on as someone named it. It can land anywhere it **** pleases but I'll never hand capture again!

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

My worst injury is basically a paper cut from taking off the props [emoji43]
Lol

That's some skynet stuff right there. Sorry to see and hear about that.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Even though I'm a sci-fi fan I had to educate myself on "Skynet". Hopefully my P4 will not become malevolently self-aware and self-preserving like HAL. If morphs into an intelligent robot (aka Isaac Asimov "I, Robot" fiction) and followed "the rules" I will be safe.

Reactions: Ron Burgundy

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stovebayen