World oldest amusement park

Reaction score
Yesterday we had the first spring weather, and perfect fly weather.
So my family and I went out to the world oldest amusement park.
Here a two pictures

My Vision did attract much attention, and everybody wanted to see and talk about it :)
Im glad that I had taken my macbook air with me and installed airserver on it, so I could mirror my iphones picture to it.
People were real amazed about this toy.

But one thing is, I think my pictures are kind of blurry in the down corners, I have only used the photoshop/dji lens correction!
Are your pictures as blurry as mine??

Ah beautiful Bakken. I have fond memories being there as a kid.
Yes ive noticed too that using the photoshop lens correction distorts the 4 corners. I'm only brand new to photoshop so I'm afaid I dont have the answer but I'm sure someone will.
Thanks for sharing the pics.

Pictures look good!

When the lens correction "stretches" the image to get rid of the fish eye distortion, you will end up with smeared edges.

It looks like you are shooting Jpeg files. Try shooting raw files if you have a program that can read DNG files. They are SO MUCH better.

It is from dng convertet in Photoshop to jpeg and then lens correction. Is it better to do the lens correction in dng?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would do all the corrections possible in the raw converter before opening it in PS or exporting as a jpeg.

Maybe the sharpening was turned up a bit too much. It just looked sort of muddy, like the jpegs that you get from this camera.

Now, I just opened it in PS (instead of the web browser) and it looks a little better.

But the smearing on the edges will be there regardless of how you apply the lens corrections. It's just the nature of a fish eye lens, unfortunately.

One question on the lens correction, when I load a phantom image into photoshop and select the lens correction, it identifies the camera (presumably from the exif) but no correction is applied. I can drag the correction manually but it never gets to a flat horizon line, it just reduces the curve but doesn't approach the flat horizon you show in your samples. Are you aware of what could cause such an issue (constraining the amount of correction)?

When I first got my Phantom 2 Vision, I took it for a spin in the middle of Eremitagesletten, just north of Bakken. The restrictions for flying model airplanes are ridiculous i Denmark, so finding a spot that is 150 meters from buildings, roads and people are very hard to find near Copenhagen. After 15 minutes I was approached by the local ranger who informed me that I could not fly there, since it would disturb the local wildlife (eg. upper middle class, horseback riding)...

Apparently not...

Emmanuel replied:
We did have a product that allowed an iOS device to receive signals from another iOS device, but Apple quickly killed that. Until they decide that they would allow that kind of functionality, such a product does not exist.

Best Regards,
Emmanuel Santiago / AirServer Support

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj