Working on my video editing skills.

Reaction score
So, thanks to some feedback and encouragement I received here on the forum, I decided to try to gain some better resolution on my drone videos.

To start with I had used footage from my iPhone and then using iMovie created the video. But, it did not look that sharp. Next, I downloaded the raw media right from the drone via usb cable to my PC laptop and edited it using MovieMaker. Still kind of 'meh'.

Stepping up the game, I used a trial version of Magix Movie Editor Pro and after uploading to YouTube, here's how it looks:

I still don't really think it looks that good. (BTW, I exported it as a MP4 as was suggested on "Tom's Tech Time" tutorial on the Magix Movie Editor.) And, I did not add any transitions between clips yet after the YouTube upload the transitions are there. Do they add that?

It was definitely more work to edit via Magix Movie Editor but was it worth the trouble?

I welcome your feedback and advice.

Reactions: dan84uk
Much much better! I still see no 1440p resolution option though. Is that intentional? Nope youtube doesnt add transitions, and yes it was definitely worth the trouble it looks 20x better already.

Did you have a go at playing with color correcting and contrast yet?

Last edited:
Reactions: Kai Mele
Much much better! I still see no 1440p resolution option though. Is that intentional? Nope youtube doesnt add transitions, and yes it was definitely worth the trouble it looks 20x better already.

Did you have a go at playing with color correcting and contrast yet?

Hi Dan, thanks for your comments. I am heartened by your feedback.

Hummm....the 1440 p resolution...I will have to investigate the Movie Editor to see how I can set that...is it usually a choice given at the 'export' stage?

Colour correcting and contrast are on my list of fine tuning tools to hone, in future projects.

Firstly make sure you are actually recording in 2.7K to the SD by looking at the record settings in DJI GO app. Then in whatever editor you use, when saving/exporting select resolution 'match source' or 2.7K / 2704 x 1520

Its not compulsory to export as 2.7k, many seem to just export and upload as 1080 only. However always at least record at 2.7k as it will make your 1080p videos look better too. You might be already recording at 2.7k but its worth checking :)

Then there is the framerate debate. I like recording 30fps, but a lot like to use 24fps so it looks more like a movie, However, the trade off is jerkier movement when panning, which i detest! lol.

Reactions: Kai Mele
Firstly make sure you are actually recording in 2.7K to the SD by looking at the record settings in DJI GO app. Then in whatever editor you use, when saving/exporting select resolution 'match source' or 2.7K / 2704 x 1520

Its not compulsory to export as 2.7k, many seem to just export and upload as 1080 only. However always at least record at 2.7k as it will make your 1080p videos look better too. You might be already recording at 2.7k but its worth checking :)

Then there is the framerate debate. I like recording 30fps, but a lot like to use 24fps so it looks more like a movie, However, the trade off is jerkier movement when panning, which i detest! lol.
Thank you, I understand. This is very helpful to know.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BoguSlav