Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Workflow

Discussion in 'Pro/Adv Discussion' started by moviestar, Jan 28, 2016.

1. moviestar

Question for all of you who fly P3P for commercial purposes: What is your workflow? For example, I have a client who wants to do a real estate shoot. There will be no editing involved on my part, he just wants the original footage and his editor will put it all together. How would you guys handle it? Do you just copy all of the video over from the micro SD onto their computer, flash drive or do you share the media on an outlet such as Dropbox? If the media is at 4K or 1080, that's going to take quite a bit of time to download from the cloud. Any suggestions?

2. BigAl07

BigAl07 Moderator
    Staff Member

I use DropBox. Upload to a client folder and send them the link. Once they have DL'd it (or a week later) I wipe the folder clean.

I use Commercial DropBox but if they don't want to use DB I also have company logo'd thumbdrives but I would rather use DB since it's paid for already. All of my vids are shot in 1080P so it's not too terribly cumbersome. I shoot for approximately 4-5 clients a week and most of them are pleased with DB.

3. Tim in Florida

You may also want to look into Google Drive. I use both.

BigAl07 likes this.
  4. MedinaTaylor

I would just buy an inexpensive flash drive or SD card and give them that.

5. BigAl07

BigAl07 Moderator
    Staff Member

If you order in bulk flashdrives are not terribly expensive but it's still an expense.

I've had several clients from out of town who I have never met and they love the DB option. I offer both but really try to push the DB unless they insist otherwise. I always ALWAYS keep a spare set of all the media just in case something fails down the road.

6. moviestar

Thanks. I do have a DB account, tho not a business account. I have a large amount of storage available, too. I buy extra. I was concerned about amount of DL time.

BigAl07 likes this.
  7. moviestar

I also keep backups. It's just good practice no matter what. Thanks for your reply!!

BigAl07 likes this.
  8. BigAl07

BigAl07 Moderator
    Staff Member

It's a valid concern and one huge one for me. My home is a in rural area with horrible internet speed. I either use my iPhone as a hotspot or upload when I get into the office the next day.

moviestar likes this.