workflow to remove wobble?

Reaction score
adobe cc subscriber and use pp and ae.

curious as to if anyone has a workflow for reducing the jello wobble in footage? been shooting 4k 30fps on hero 4 black with protune hit bit rate on. phantom 2 2.0 with the h3-3d gimbal. TIA

Using AE to link your clip and use rolling shutter removal and warp stabilizer can help but only so much and you probably won't like the results.

The only way to get jello-free video is to not have it in the footage to begin with unfortunately.

The P2+GP+gimbal combo can provide jello free footage but it take effort AND luck frankly.

The effort part involves prop balancing, using an ND filter to slow shutter speed and anything else that can remove or dampen vibration in flight. Using a higher fps recording rate (ie 50 or 60 fps) can also help.

But even the best effort will sometimes produce video with jello or micro-vibrations visible especially on large viewing screens (ie 65-inch TV).

There is hope that the Inspire 1 may produce jello/micro vib-free footage more often than not but the jury is still out.

Hope that helps.

I second the recommendation from Mercalli. The newest version Mercalli V4 SAL+ actually has special processing for cleaning up CMOS jello. I have done a tutorial for them and also a review of the software. Here is a link to a promo from them showing the new software's features. It isn't a plug in to an editing app. It is a standalone app but has great tools to allow you to isolate specific sections you want to fix and just process those sections. If your footage is totally terrible well....you need to work on that. I can say it did wonders on some footage I shot riding a bike over a gravel road that was under construction. Made the footage from useless to usable. The footage is actually in the promo around 1:35.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lZwL23W9GdM

If you wanted to send me a clip with the issues I would be happy to process it and send it back to see how it works. You can also download a trial copy of the software from their site. It is fully functional but watermarks your footage. https://www.prodrenalin.com/mercalli-v4-sal-plus/ My tutorial is on that page as well if you want to see how it works. I also work with the bike footage in the tutorial.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik