Wood propellers?

Reaction score
So....there isn't a thread about this already surprisingly...

I just saw this at Banggood.... Wth? Any idea if these are any good? Looks kinda interesting. As many other people, I'm nervous about aftermarket props...But something about wood seems like a better idea than CF in my mind...

If you want to give em a whirl, use the promo code GOODBG to get 5% off (I've bought a few things from them and they ship very quickly as far as ordering from China goes)

SKU150975-1.jpg

SKU150975-2.jpg

SKU150975-9.jpg

Coffee as i see it there made out of wood, meaning tree's and that spells disaster if one of your props falls in love with a tree or scrub.
Just stick with the DJi props, they have been tested enough and there are no better out there.

Carbon fiber? wood? Why not titanium??? How about aluminum? granite? stainless steel? fiberglass?

NO !!! WAIT !!!

How about the props that were actually designed for this bird... ????

Nah... too boring, consistent and safe...

-slinger

I'll take four mithril props, please.

It's okay, ILC, I won't bash ya. I would be interested in seeing more. I did see these from a different mfr (video below) when I first got my Phantom, but I wouldn't want to be the guinea pig on them. :) Certainly different!

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xKwhaVWKIbs[/youtube]

Mixed results on various YouTube videos. Some seem to introduce a lot of 'jello', other tests are non-existent vibration.

gunslinger said:
Carbon fiber? wood? Why not titanium??? How about aluminum? granite? stainless steel? fiberglass?

NO !!! WAIT !!!

How about the props that were actually designed for this bird... ????

Nah... too boring, consistent and safe...

-slinger

mmmmmmmm.... titanium.... then I could fly and trim my hedges at the same time.

ilovecoffee said:
PhilAnderson said:
Why not stick with original DJI propellers? :? They work great and are designed for your copter! :)

Because, why not? :lol: That's the theme here in this forum with a lot of modders :D

Are you going to try these out, I'm curious of the results you see. The new thrust boosted props from DJI work much better for me where i live, so always room for improvement

The new thrust boosted props from DJI work much better for me where i live

Excuse me, but what are thrust-boosted props? I had heard about DJI bringing out some new props, but never saw them on the DJI site or elsewhere. Could you clarify?

And where do you live? --I live at mile-high altitude, and I guess I'd like thrust boosted props, if there are such things.
Thanks,
Bill

I for one don't understand the mentality of not using anything other than stock props. We're all reading this board because we love to mod and the fact is, most of us have changed our birds in one way or another because there are better options out there that DJI doesn't add to their stock setup. Just because it doesn't say DJI on the tin doesn't mean your bird will fall out of the sky!

As long as people are being safe I think we would encourage the brave souls who are willing to step into the unknown and give us all feedback that makes our flying more fun.

bizrank said:
The new thrust boosted props from DJI work much better for me where i live

Excuse me, but what are thrust-boosted props? I had heard about DJI bringing out some new props, but never saw them on the DJI site or elsewhere. Could you clarify?

And where do you live? --I live at mile-high altitude, and I guess I'd like thrust boosted props, if there are such things.
Thanks,
Bill

Not saying this is the best place to buy but will get you started: http://www.amazon.com/Thrust-Boosted-Ti ... B00MX3JV02

Graphene props please, they could also be used to power the phantom as they'd generate plenty of electrical current just turning through the moisture in the air. ;)

I for one don't understand the mentality of not using anything other than stock props. We're all reading this board because we love to mod and the fact is, most of us have changed our birds in one way or another because there are better options out there that DJI doesn't add to their stock setup. Just because it doesn't say DJI on the tin doesn't mean your bird will fall out of the sky!

As long as people are being safe I think we would encourage the brave souls who are willing to step into the unknown and give us all feedback that makes our flying more fun.

I fully agree. Experiment if you want!
After all this was the way how flying machines were invented!!!

Ton

job2310 said:

I agree.

It is also much cheaper to learn from others with some things.

Hey it's your money , have fun ! What some of us are saying is , do you guys understand that this has been going on for years about carbon , wood , plastic , 3 bladed etc. The stock dji props come out as the best choice. With the phantom naza firmware your really limited on what it'll let you do. It'll only tilt so far. The decent speed is limited. So I'm not sure what your looking to gain.
:)

Geeez such opinions! People talk regularly about CF props on here and still get them despite widely known to be a bad idea. So I thought for sure someone would have insight to the wood props.

But all the party poppers now make me not want to give them a go. I think I'll pass this time. Just like those prop guards I have but never been used lol.

ilovecoffee said:
Geeez such opinions! People talk regularly about CF props on here and still get them despite widely known to be a bad idea. So I thought for sure someone would have insight to the wood props.

But all the party poppers now make me not want to give them a go. I think I'll pass this time. Just like those prop guards I have but never been used lol.

Good decision coffee.
As i don't understand why a phantom 1 with completely different props can be any comparison with a phantom 2 vision + ?
Its like comparing lemons and apples, they bought grow on a tree and it makes them fruits and thats were it ends.
The only comparison that would be justified is how much pulling force they produce.
As long its not proven to be better i stick with the DJI props.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj